2. KOOP’s Mission The mission of the Corporation is to provide high quality, innovative, and diverse community- oriented programming to Austin with an emphasis on those communities that are ignored or underserved by mainstream media; including serving and promoting specific communities of African-Americans, Asian- Americans, Chicanas/os, elders, gays, lesbians, homeless, immigrants, Indigenous peoples, Latinos/as, peoples with disabilities, women, working and poor people, youth, and other underserved communities. KOOP Community Radio supports the struggle for social justice and peace. KOOP Community Radio will operate with a high level of participation and accountability to the communities being served.
3. KOOP at a Glance - A community orientated & cooperatively ran radio station in Austin, Texas - 12 hours of broadcasting on weekends, and 9 hours of broadcasting on weekdays - Shares the 91.7 FM frequency with KVRX, UT’s student-run nighttime radio station
4. Examples of Programs
5. Funding Budgeted Funding 55% from listener-donations, during the bi-annual pledge drive. 45% from business underwriting. Additional Funding Year-round online donations Year-round vehicle donations
8. Cooperative All donations above $25 give the benefit of becoming a member of KOOP Members have voting rights in the annual elections for board of directors Anyone is allowed to go through DJ apprenticeship free of cost Most on-air DJs have no prior radio experience, before joining KOOP
9. Website• Current Radio Program On- • 6000 Facebook LikesAir •2,200+ Twitter Followers
10. Website Highlights
11. KOOP Blogs Shows have a blog linked to the webpage Some of the longest running shows have over 400 posts Most blogs consist of playlist schedule, relevant concerts/shows, and other events