1) x adopted his stage name from his grandfatherand revolutionized the advertising industry withhis y advertising inspired by Brooke Bondpaintedwagons. It took x 14 years to complete his workusing a mixture of black oxide and fevicol.Give me x and y
2) X was introduced in 1999 and made aprofound impression at the time. The name X isJapanese for "peregrine falcon", a bird that oftenserves as a metaphor for speed due to its verticalhunting dive, or stoop.In particular, the choice ofname was made because the peregrine falconpreys on blackbirds, which reflected the intent ofthe original X to unseat the Y as the worldsfastest. whats x and y ?
x- HayabusaY – honda super balckbird(CBR 1100 XX)
4) In 1971-72 James _____ was the governor ofNebraska. A company was planning to undergo arebranding exercise so that it could revert to itsold 4-letter name format. But since the surname ofthe Governor would have matched the new nameof the company, the management added an extraletter to the name.Its merger in 1999 with X hasresulted in the largest company by revenue.Thecompany X was ranked #1 globally in ForbesGlobal 2000 list in 2012. Name the company andthe company X
7) The name of this dessert loosely translatesfrom italian to make “me happy” or “lift me up” . Itis made of ladyfingers dipped in coffee, layeredwith a whipped mixture of egg yolks andmascarpone cheese, and flavored with Marsalawine and cocoa. The recipe has been adaptedinto many varieties of puddings, cakes and otherdesserts. Some confectioners were said to havecreated it in honour of Cosimo III on the occasionof his visit to the country.What is it ?
8) The word X is derived from a Tupian wordmeaning hit. Over time, the word found its wayinto the Brazilian Portuguese language.Originally, X was played at times of celebrationwith dances and songs. Gradually, this playbecame more of a sporting activity. The game hasbeen passed down through several generationsby the Brazilian ancestors and has developedconsiderably along the way.
When Brazil was present at the 1920 SummerOlympics in Antwerp, Belgium the Brazilianathletes took with them some shuttlecocks foramusement on the ship and during the intervalsbetween games. The game of X fascinatedathletes from many other countries who wantedlearn the rules of the game. The problem was thatthere were no rules - it was just for pleasure.X isnow one of Brazils fastest growing sports closelybehind football and volleyball. Name X
1) The French philosopher Denis Diderot wasvisiting Russia on Catherine the Greats invitation.However, the Empress was alarmed that thephilosophers atheism was influencing membersof her court, and so X was asked to confront theFrenchman as X was known for his argumentsregarding religion . Diderot was later informed thata X had produced a proof of the existence ofGod.X stated that since e^(pi * i) + 1 = 0 Godexisted to which the philosopher stooddumbstruck. Who is X? Bonus 10 points if youcan give me an explanation as to why he saidthat.
2) According to some Islamic scholars, the rock isthe spot from which Muhammad ascended toHeaven accompanied by the angel Gabriel.Further, Muhammad was taken here by Gabriel topray with Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.AfterMuhammads return, he called all who wouldbelieve him to join with him and be Muslim.
The Foundation Stone and its surroundings is theholiest site in Judaism. Just as Muslims praytowards the Kaaba at Mecca, the holiest site inIslam, Jews pray towards the raised platform onwhich X stands. Jews have traditionally regardedthe location of the stone as the holiest spot onEarth, the site of the Holy of Holies during theTemple Period.Name X and the city of its location.(picture on the next slide)
3) The company was founded in 1999 by ChrisBarton, Philip Inghelbrecht, Avery Wang andDhiraj Mukherjee in berkeley .It has since thenlaunched off across various platforms as one ofthe most downloaded music apps of the theappstore as well as the ovi store. It uses a specialfingerprint techology which is based on aspectrogram. So what is it ?
4) It is believed to have originated in MiddleEast .It was introduced to the Arabiansubcontinent in the 13th or 14th century bytraders from the region.Amir Khusro , a scholar and the royal poet of theDelhi Sultanate, wrote in around 1300 that theprinces and nobles enjoyed the "X prepared frommeat, ghee, onion and so on".The Bengali version of X is called a Shingara andis normally much smaller
Ibn Battuta, the 14th-century traveller andexplorer, describes a meal at the court ofMuhammad bin Tughluq where x, a small piestuffed with minced meat, almonds, pistachio,walnuts and spices, was served before the thirdcourse, of pulaoWhats the dish ?
5) born on September 1, 1925 X is an Americantheoretical physicist. x is the MallinckrodtProfessor of Physics at Harvard University andAdjunct Professor of Optical Sciences at theUniversity of Arizona. After his sophomore year Xwas recruited to work on the Manhattan Project,where (at the age of 18) he was one of theyoungest scientists at Los Alamos. His workinvolved calculating the critical mass for the atombomb. After two years at Los Alamos, he returnedto Harvard, receiving his bachelors degree in1946 and his PhD in 1949.
X was familiar to audiences of the Ig Nobel Prizeceremonies, where he took a bow each year as"Keeper of the Broom," sweeping the stage cleanof the paper airplanes that have traditionally beenthrown during the event. X missed the 2005event, though why? And who is X
He was being awarded the nobel prize- RoyGlauber
MINIMALIST(MOVIES)10 points for each movie.30 points theme
The shiningAlienShaun of the deadPsychoCloverfieldZombielandSawThe exorcist 28 days later Sweeny Todd : The demon barber of fleet street
Gamble it all(youll need luck)(Shraavan ur screwed)
1) In 1926 three brothers, Adriano, Marcello, andBruno X founded Societa Scientifica RadioBrevetti X in Bologna to produce vacuum tubes,condensers and other radio components,becoming successful enough by 1935 to constructa new factory in the Borgo Panigale area of thecity. Production was maintained during World WarII, despite the X factory being a repeated targetfor Allied bombing.Today it is world famous in acompletely different field with the Multistrada1200 being one of the companys greatestachievements
2) X is an eclectic/hybrid system and philosophyof life founded by Y in 1967 with direct, nonclassical, and straightforward movements. Due tothe way his style works, X practitioners believe inminimal movement with maximum effect andextreme speed. The system works on the use ofdifferent tools for different situations. Thesesituations are broken down into ranges (Kicking,Punching, Trapping and Grappling), withtechniques flowing smoothly between them.
It is referred to as a "style without style" or "the artof fighting without fighting" as said by Y himself.Unlike more traditional martial arts, X is not fixedor patterned, and is a philosophy with guidingthoughts. It was named for the concept ofinterception, or attacking your opponent while heis about to attack. Name x and y
● Crown Prince Ludwig, later to become King Ludwig I, was married to Princess Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen in , 1810. The citizens of Munich were invited to attend the festivities held on the fields in front of the city gates to celebrate the happy royal event. The fields were named Theresienwiese in honor of the Crown Princess, and have kept that name ever since, although the locals have since abbreviated the name simply to the "Wiesn".●
● Horse races in the presence of the Royal Family marked the close of the event that was celebrated as a festival for the whole of Bavaria. The decision to repeat the horse races in the subsequent year gave rise to the tradition of the X.what is X
In the 1870s, Russian chemist ConstantinFahlberg worked in the lab of Ira Remsen atJohns Hopkins University. Remsens teamexperimented with coal-tar derivates, seeing howthey react to phosphorus, chloride, ammonia, andother chemicals. (Not exactly the most appetizingprofession.) One night, Fahlberg returned homeand started to chow down on dinner rolls.Something was off. The rolls tasted curiouslysweet.
He ran back to Remsen’s laboratory, where hetasted everything on his worktable—all the vials,beakers, and dishes he used for his experiments.Finally he found the source: an overboiledbeaker.Fahlberg had actually created X before,but since he never bothered to taste-test hisconcoctions, the chemist had no idea. What is X