HOW LONG HAVE YOU....?
Integrantes:- Cantuña Karla - Coyaguillo Andrea - Muñoz Juliana - Cadena Grace
- UNIVERSIDAD CENTRAL DEL ECUADOR
- FACULTAD DE FILOSOFÍA, LETRAS Y CC.EE.
How long have you (been)…?
- We use the present perfect (especially with how long, for and since ) to talk about something that began in the past and still continues now.
- Mary is visiting to her family now
- She stayed in Cuenca on Sunday. Today is Wednesday
- How long has she been in Cuenca? She has been in Cuenca for four days
- They are on vacation in Guayaquil They are there now
- They arrived in Gayaquil on Friday. Today is Monday
- How long have they been in Guayaquil?
- They have been in Guayaquil since friday
COMPARE IS AND HAS BEEN She has been in Cuenca :-since Saturday -for three days She is in Cuenca: now Tuesday Is: present Has been or have been: present perfect
- SIMPLE PRESENT AND PRESENT PERFECT
- They have been married for six years
- I’ve known him for a long time
- How long have you had your car?
- I’ve had it since January
COMPARE : Present Continuous Presente Perfect Continuous * I’m studying German. *How long have you been studying German? (not How long you studying German?
- *How long has he been watching TV?
- He’s been watching TV since 5 o’clock.
- (he’s been = he has been)
- * It’s been raining all day. (it’s been = it has been)
1. Complete the conversation using the present perfect. A: Have you done much exercise this week? (do) B:Yes, I have been in aerobics class. (be)
- 2. A: Have you played any sport this month? (play)
- B: No, I have not had time (have not)
- 3. A:How many movies have you seen this month? (see)
- B:Actually, I have not gone to the cinema.(go)
- 4:A:How long have you been in this party? (be)
- B:I’ve been here since 3 o’clock.(be)
- 5A: Have you called any friend today? ( call)
- B:Yes, I have made three calls. (make)
Do you have any question?