• In a reciprocating pistonengine,the connecting
rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or
What is IC Engine
• The Internal Combustion (IC) Engine Converts
• Chemical Energy into useful mechanical
Energy by Burning the fuel
• Chemical Energy is released when the fuel –
air mixture is ignited by a spark in the
A piston ring is a split ring that fits into a
groove on the outer diameter of a piston in a
reciprocating engine such as an internal
combustion engine or steam engine.
The piston of an internal combustion engine is
acted upon by the pressure of the expanding
combustion gases in the combustion
chamber space at the top of the cylinder.
Advantags of IC egine as Compae
to EC engine
• The advantages of the internal combustion
engine is that it is:
* High power to weight ratio
* It is possible to raise the efficiency to
relatively high levels by minor means
* Emissions are minimized by advanced
combustion control, design and
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.