1125 US Highway Route 22 West, Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Phone (908) 429-8008 Ext.313, Fax (908) 429-8005
Contact: Nilesh Adani
Resume of CHIRAG SHAH(ref # 3334)
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATION:
• Over EIGHT years of experience in IT in developing various Object Oriented Systems.
• Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform Examination
• Sun Certified Enterprise Architect For J2EE Technology
• Developed Internet/Intranet based and varied Network mgt., component-based enterprise-level N-Tier
middleware applications using J2EE and CORBA as distributed technologies.
• Experience involves architecting and developing middle tiers and front ends using cutting edge Java
technologies and CORBA Services.
• Proficient in Rational Rose as designing tool and CVS, PVCS as software configuration mgt. tool.
• Proficiency in developing middleware systems using EJB, JMS, JSP, XML based on J2EE design
• Experience in J2EE Connector Architecture JCA 1.0 for connection to Back-End Systems.
• Experience in Web Services Description Language (WSDL).
• Experience in development of messages based on SOAP protocol 1.1 and ebXML 1.0 on top of SOAP.
• Experience in Java API for XML Processing (JAXP) 1.2 EA2 (with XML Schema support).
• Experience in Java API for XML-Based RPC (Remote Procedure Call) (JAX-RPC) 1.0 EA2.
• Experience in Java API for XML Messaging (JAXM) 1.0.1 EA2.
• Experience in Java API for XML Registries (JAXR) 1.0 EA2
• Experience in SSL and its SUN implementation Java Secure Socket Extension (JSSE).
• Experience in developing customized MVC architecture with Swing Single Thread mechanism.
• Experience in designing application architecture based on Struts (Model 2 Architecture).
• Proficiency in developing Model 2 Architecture based presentation tiers using Struts Framework.
• Experience in developing Custom Tag libraries for JSP Pages.
• Extensive experience in handling complex Multi-Thread mechanism.
• Proficient in Data Modeling (Entity Relationship Diagram –ERD) and relational Databases.
Languages : Java (jdk1.3), IDL, C, C++
Middle Ware : EJB1.1/2.0, RMI-IIOP, Java Sockets, JMS, MQ Series, CORBA 2.3,
ORBs’ : Orbix 2000 v1.2.1/OrbixWeb 3.2, VisiBorker 4.5
CORBA Services : Naming, Trading, Notification, Event, Transaction (OpenFusion v2.0.4)
Application Server: Weblogic 6.1, WebSphere 4.0
Databases : ORACLE 8.0/8i
Mark-up Language : XML, SOAP 2.1
GUI : JSP-Servlets-Beans (Struts), Swing, Visual Age 4.0, Visual Cafe 4.0,
Modeling Language : UML 1.2/1.3, Rational Rose 2002
Software Mgt. : Perforce, CVS 1.1, MS VSS 6.0, PVCS Dimensions 7.0
Dec ’01 - Till Date Verisign,
Software Architect/Developer- OOAD
Page 1of 5
Resume of CHIRAG SHAH
Development of Managed Domain Name Services - DNS
Verisign Managed DNS Services (MDNS) is a suite of products designed to assist customers and
resellers in the management of their DNS data. Verisign will offer customers the ability to outsource a
part of or their entire Internet facing DNS infrastructure and operations. One of the three MDNS
products is DNS High Availability. Verisign hosts and manages only the secondary DNS for the
• Captured and described all the requirements of the system in co-operation with the end user in preparing
Functional Specifications of the system through Use Case Diagrams.
• Prepared Architectural Design and Detail Design Document of the system using UML (Rational Rose)
with Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Package Diagrams.
• Designed, coded and tested multi-threaded J2EE blueprint based middle tier and front end of the
project exploiting various J2EE Design Patterns. (Business Delegate, Session Facade, Value
• Design and developed the business logic tier consists of multiple EJBs - Entity beans and Session Beans
running under the hood of WebLogic container/server.
• Wrote database logic and XML based deployment descriptors.
• Used various J2EE front-end design patterns in implementing Struts (Model 2 Architecture)
framework for developing front end using Servlets-JSP-Java Beans.
• Designed and coded Custom JSP Tags for the presentation tier of the system.
Environment: jdk1.3, Weblogic 6.1, Tomcat 4.1, PVCS 7.0, JBuilder 5, Rational Rose 2000,
Log4j, J2EE, UML, JSP-Servlets-Beans (Struts), XML, EJB 2.0, RMI, JFC, Oracle 8i
May ’01 - Nov ‘01 Lumos Technologies Inc., CA
Development of EJB Enhancements to RLEAP-a Network Management System
Architect and design a facade of EJB Cache and Session Beans for services (specifically Provisioning,
FM, and PM) included in the Lumos TMS (Telecom Mgt. Server) TMS is a highly customizable and
extensible all-Java, protocol- neutral, object-oriented, high performance Element Management System
(EMS) to build EMS.
Perform key role in designing and developing the Web Services based module of the product.
• Designed and implemented various interfaces of the system for catering point-to-point RPC- based web
services for the SOAP 1.1 client request and returns the response via SOAP 1.1 protocol.
• Defined Web Services using XML-based Web Services Description Language (WSDL)
• Develop complex asynchronous messaging system between SOAP Client and SOAP Server using
JAXM provider over ebXML 1.0 profile for exchanging SOAP Messages.
• Configure and used Universal Description, Discovery and Integration (UDDI) registry server as a
permanent repository for storing WSDL documents containing pertinent information about the web
• Extensively used Java API for XML Processing with XML Parsers SAX 2.0 and DOM level2
• Designed normalized database of the system and wrote Stored Procedures using PL/SQL for data
Software : jdk1.3, WebLogic 5.1, Rational Rose, CVS1.2, Tomcat 4.1
Technology : J2EE, UML, Swing, XML, EJB2.0, RMI-IIOP, SNMP V2c, Oracle 8i,
Page 2 of 5
Resume of CHIRAG SHAH
Web Service Tech : JAXP 1.2, JAXM 1.0.1, JAX-RPC 1.0, JAXR 1.0, Java WSDP Registry Server
Jan ’00 - May ’01 Info-Objects Inc., California, USA
Software Architect – OOAD
Development of Omnitor- a Network Management System (Aug ’00 to May ’01)
Designed Fault Management module of the system. Omnitor FM provides network administrators with
sophisticated asynchronous event mgt. functions, including alerting, automated actions, event
correlation, and filtering and end-to-end fault mgt.
• As an Enterprise Architect, perform user requirement analysis, functional and application design,
application development, unit testing of the system using UML and Rational Rose as a case tool.
• Coded multi -threaded business tier of the system that primarily made of EJBs-Session and Entity beans
and complex java transaction, collection objects using various java/j2ee design patterns.
• Wrote various XML and DTD Schema files as a prime technology for configuring the system
parameters as well as configuring Web Container (Web.xml) and Application Server Container
• Developed web based presentation tier using Servlets and JSP, responsible for interacting with the end
user and makes invocations to the business tier's EJBs through Business Delegate objects.
• Developed complex customized Swing Components like JTable, JTree for the Swing/AWT based
standalone client of the system interacting with server through RMI over IIOP
• Involved in preparing Data Model (Entity Relationship Diagram -ERD) of the system.
Environment: jdk 1.3, Weblogic 6.0, CVS 1.2, Visual Café 4.0, J2EE, UML, Swing, XML, EJB
RMI, JSP-Servlets, SNMP V1/V2c, Oracle 8i, Tomcat
Client: Prism Tech., HP and Iona (May ’00 to Aug ’00)
Chief Middleware Architect
Development of TMF IF Catalyst for North Bound Interfaces
This TMF project will realize a number of NGOSS (New Generation Operations Support Systems)
concepts that are implemented in a variety of ways within current IF Catalysts. The intention is to allow
future Catalysts to adopt the IF Catalyst Manager and thereby remove this burden of implementation
from, primarily, application providers (i.e., ISVs) and to allow them to focus on application
development rather than on NGOSS infrastructure services.
• Involved in architecting i.e., designing, coding and testing of administrative module.
• Designed and coded CORBA Server having objects with interfaces defined in CORBA IDL These
objects interact with client beans on the front end and SQL database on the back end using JDBC
• Developed Messaging Middleware of the system using JMS 1.0.1 and XML as messaging payload.
This asynchronous messaging system receives and processes messages from other modules of the
system using advanced reliability and transaction mechanism.
• Used OrbixWeb3.2 as ORB with CORBA Naming Service from OpenFusion for binding and look-up
operations of the server objects in the COS Naming Server.
• Designed CORBA Event/Notification service for handling complex events from other sub-systems.
• Wrote PL/SQL Stored Procedures for interacting with the database.
Environment: jdk 1.2.1, Weblogic 5.1, OrbixWeb 3.2, OpenFusion 2.0.4, CVS 1.2, J2EE,
Page 3 of 5
Resume of CHIRAG SHAH
JSP, UML, XML, CORBA 2.3, JMS-MQ Series, PL/SQL, Oracle 7.3, JDBC 2.0
Client – Optimight Communications, CA (Jan ’00 to May ’00)
Development of Network Management System (EMS)
Involved in development of the Fault management & Upload-Download management modules of an
Element Management System for Network based Service Provisioning System using differentiated
service MIB. The EMS is having CM, FM, PM, Planning and Provisioning Mgmt, as major modules.
• Primary responsibility was to develop complex GUI using AWT and Swing Components.
• Developed customized MVC architecture with Swing Single Thread Mechanism through complex
Runnable objects for Event Dispatch Thread.
Environment: jdk1.3, JSP, AdventNet WebNMS 2.2.1, RMI, Swing, MIMIC Simulator 4.4,
Install Shield 3.5, SNMP, Oracle-8, Rational Rose, BugZilla
June ’95 – Dec ’99 Wipro Technologies
Architect/Mentor/ Team Leader / Lead Designer
Client: Nippon Electrical Corporation (NEC), Japan (Feb ’98 to Dec ’99)
Development of middle-ware product for networks Mgt.
Open DIOSA/OPBASE, a middle-ware product for distributed network management from NEC, is an
Operating Base for the multi-vendor Open System. This product is used for the business application
management and forming the base for the user application monitoring and controlling the applications
using different mechanisms.
• Mainly responsible for designing and coding the prime technology used in this system i.e., Java
Remote Method Invocation (RMI) over Internet-Inter-ORB protocol using Callback Mechanism
to make the system CORBA compliant.
• Designed and coded complex Callback Mechanism of the System.
• Developed complex multithreaded system for this project using Java Thread Mechanism using separate
classes to avoid keeping threads waiting for mutually no infringing data access.
• Perform Unit Testing and locale specific Internationalization-Integration of the system
Environment: jdk1.3, RMI over IIOP, Servlets/JSP, Swing, UML, Rational Rose, Visual Age 3.0
Client: Nippon Electrical Corporation (NEC), Japan (July ’97 to Jan ’98)
Development of E-Commerce Object Model using EJB
This web based object model is a commercial n-tier system developed for lowering the cost of doing
business by selling the stuffs directly to the end customer, through an e-commerce web-based sales
model developed using cutting-edge Java technologies.
• Involved in Functional Design and Detailed Design of the project
• Wrote Entity and Session Beans, deployment descriptors and transaction mechanism of the System.
• Coded and configured Servlets as Web components for presentation tier.
• Wrote Stored procedures for sorting the queries
Environment: jdk1.2.1, Oracle 7.x, EJB 1.0, Servlets/JSP, JDBC, Visual Age, UML, Rational Rose
Page 4 of 5
Resume of CHIRAG SHAH
Client: National Tours and Travels, India (Nov ’96 to Jun ’97)
Reservation System using CORBA architecture
This is an online reservation system for a nation-wide package tour organizer integrating all commercial
functionality of the business and gives the client a chance to select the optimum package for him,
considering all permutations and combinations.
• Involved in system’s architecture which was basically a 3-tier client/server application, where client
beans invokes operations on CORBA middle-tier server objects via an IIOP ORB Developed
server objects that provides the business logic and store their persistent data in a JDBC-compliant
• Wrote Stored Procedures for sorting the queries by date.
Environment: jdk1.1, OrbixWeb 3.2, Oracle 7.x, Visual Age 3.0, CORBA 2.0, Swing, JDBC
Client: Asian Paints, India
Development of online system using Object Web Tech
Environment: jdk1.1, ORACLE 7.x, Java Beans, PL/SQL
Client: DOT (Dept. of Telecom, Govt. of India)
Cost Management System
Environment: C++, ORACLE 7.x, and Unix
Client: Apex Electricals, India
Purchase Order Management System
Environment: C++, ORACLE 7.x, Unix
Client: Metrochem Corporation, Atlanta
Development of InfraDesk Solution
Client: FAG India
Development Employee Management System
Environment: C, FoxBASE
Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science)
Master of Business Management (IT/Finance)
Page 5 of 5