Name : Ashish Kumar Sahu
Reg no. : 12WHCMA006
College Name : S.D.C. Institute of Management
Sharekhan Ltd. is one of the leading retail stock broking house of SSKI Group
which is running successfully since 1922 in the country. It is the retail broking
arm of the Mumbai-based SSKI Group, which has over eight decades of
experience in the stock broking business. Sharekhan offers its customers a wide
range of equity related services including trade execution on BSE, NSE,
Derivatives, depository services, online trading, investment advice etc. The
firm’s online trading and investment site - www.sharekhan.com – was launched
on Feb 8, 2000. The site gives access to superior content and transaction facility
to retail customers across the country. Known for its jargon-free, investor
friendly language and high quality research, the site has a registered base of over
one lakh customers. The content-rich and research oriented portal has stood out
among its contemporaries because of its steadfast dedication to offering
customers best-of-breed technology and superior market information. The
objective has been to let customers make informed decisions and to simplify the
process of investing in stocks.
Products of Sharekhan
Equity and derivatives trading
PROFILE OF THE COMPANY:
Name of the company : Sharekhan ltd.
Year of Establishment : 1925
Headquarter : ShareKhan SSKI
A-206 Phoenix House
Phoenix Mills Compound
Mumbai - Maharashtra, INDIA- 400013
Nature of Business : Service Provider
Services : Depository Services, Online Services and
Number of Employees : Over 3500
Website : www.sharekhan.com
Slogan : Your Guide to The Financial Jungle.
Known for its jargon-free, investor friendly language and high quality research,
the site has a registered base of over one lakh customers. The content-rich and
research oriented portal has stood out among its contemporaries because of its
steadfast dedication to offering customers best-of-breed technology and superior
Focus on Advertisement campaigns is very less.
Focuses more on HNI’s then retail investors which results in merger market
share as compared to close competitors.
• With the booming capital market it can successfully launch new services and
raise its client’s base.
• As interest on fixed deposits with Post Office and Banks are all time low, more
and more small investors are entering into stock market.
• Aggressive promotional strategy by close competitors may hamper Share Khan’s
acceptance by new clients.
• Others Players are providing margin funds to investors on easy terms where as
there is no such facility in Share Khan.
Exploratory methodology used in this report
• Through Personal Interview -: A rigid procedure was followed and we were
seeking answers to many pre-convinced questions though personal interviews
• Through Questionnaire -: Information to find out the investment potential and
goal was found out through questionnaire.
• Through Tele-Calling -: Information was also taken telephone calls.
• Data collected from Secondary sources -: In the secondary sources of data is used
like Internet, magazine, books and Journals.
Sample design covers the method of selection, the sample structure and plans for
And interpreting the results. Sample design affects the size of the sample and the way in
which analysis is carried out.
PROBABILITY Sampling Method -: This method permits justifiable inference from
the sample to the population, at quantified level of precision. Probability sampling also
guard against sample bias in a way that selection by judgment or convenience cannot.
Sample size -: A sample of 300 customers was selected from the target population for
Target Population -: All the customers of the Sher Khan
• According to the survey most of the customers of “Sharekhan Ltd” says that it is
• Main purposes in investment are returns and Liquidity.
• Investors take risk as well as returns into their mind while making the investment.
• Businessman are more interested in the stock market than the others.
• Commodity market is less preferred by the investors.
• People want to invest their money in the security market but they haven’t the proper
•MORE BRANCHES-: Need to open more branches to be a topper in market because
it has low distribution network.
•LINK-BANK A/Cs – Linked as many accounts as client wants to its online account.
•NEW BANKS IN THE KITTY – Need to tie up with major banks like SBI, Allahabad
Bank, Bank of Baroda etc.
•CUSTOMER SATISFACTION – The Company should focus on the customer
satisfaction not on just taking money from their pocket.