We’ll focus on the analytics services built on top of Amazon AWS.
Smartphones, tablet and TVX create a diverse world of connected, overlapping devices. Customers are now capable of being online24 hours a day, raising the bar for original and creative content, but also providing firms with ample opportunities to establish a relationship. Must collect consistent data2. Everyone is an analyst. The online creative process is highly collaborative. ----- Meeting Notes (10/15/12 11:54) ------ Events and real-time data we can track and how publisher use this data to improve
2. Founded in 2004 317 employees in $63.6 million revenue in 9 countries 2011, 45% growthHeadquartered inBoston, MA 4,697+ customers in 95% recurring dollar over 50 countries retention rate © 2012 Brightcove Inc.
3. Our mission is to publish and distribute the world’s professional digital content
4. Complete Cloud Solutions Discrete Cloud SolutionsCloud Video and Audio Encoding VIDEOJS HTML5 Video Player
5. We serve content-centric Organizationsand theWeb Developers whobuild their systems © 2012 Brightcove Inc.
6. The Leading Online Video Platform
7. HOW VIDEO CLOUD WORKS
8. Analytics Challenges for Digital Media Publishing • Monetization and optimization • More stakeholders need access to data than ever before • Mobile video will more than double every year between 2010 and 2015 Content equaling two-thirds of all mobile traffic Explosion • Cross devices data collection • Tracking cross device playback Devices • By 2014, IP-Connected content will account for 20% of total TV household Explosion viewing time • Short form, long form, advertising • Live streaming Content • User generated contents Types
9. The Massive Reach of Brightcove Video Cloud 177,000,000 Monthly Unique Viewers Unique web sites with 143,000 traffic every quarter Countries and 237 territories with traffic 29% of top 10,000 web sites embed Video Cloud players © 2012 Brightcove Inc.
10. Amazon AWS - WHAT S3 EC2 EMR • CDN log • Event • Billing • Activities collector • Batch log • Collection processing • Processed and data log API services • MongoDB
11. Amazon AWS - WHY Need to migrated entire large scale system Unpredictable demand spike Ad-hoc request on large data set Ease of operation
12. Amazon AWS – It’s working Independence from operation team Full control of infrastructure Real-world simulation QA Greater reliability Great environment for more experimentations