Revolutionary Changes in the Atlantic World Prelude to Revolution:
1750–1850 The Eighteenth-Century Crisis
• Rivalry among the European powers intensified in • The costs of wars in the seventeenth and
the early 1600s. eighteenth centuries drove European governments
• The Dutch attacked Spanish and Portuguese to seek new sources of revenue.
possessions in the Americas and in Asia. • People questioned and protested the state’s
• In the 1600s and 1700s the British then checked attempts to introduce new ways of collecting
Dutch commercial and colonial ambitions. revenue.
• British went on to:
– Defeat France in the Seven Years War (1756–1763)
– Take over French colonial possessions in the Americas
and in Indi
¿Le ha llamado la atención una diapositiva en particular?
Recortar diapositivas es una manera útil de recopilar información importante para consultarla más tarde.