Northern Eurasia Japanese Reunification
Warfare Toyotomi Hideyoshi
• In the twelfth century, Japan came under the
control of a number of regional warlords
• Warfare among the daimyo was common.
• In 1592 the most powerful of these
warlords, Hideyoshi, chose to lead an
invasion of Korea.
Invasion of Korea and Manchuria End of Fighting
• Although the Korean and Japanese • After Hideyoshi's death in 1598, the
languages are closely related, the dominant Japanese withdrew their forces.
influence on Yi dynasty Korea was China. • In 1606, Japanese made peace with Korea.
• Despite the creative use of technological • The Japanese withdrawal left Korea in
and military skill, the Koreans and their disarray and the Manchu in a greatly