How Do I Sign Up for Twitter?Just follow these simple steps and join today
How to Sign for Twitter on the Web
1. Go to http://www.twitter.com.
• Locate the “New to Twitter?” box and enter your full name, email, and desired password. Click “Sign Up For Twitter.”
• You will be taken to a new screen where you may choose a Twitter username. Twitter will offer you an initial available username, but you may alter that user name and Twitter will tell you if it is available. When you have found the username you like, click "Create My Account."
1. Check your email account for a confirmation email from Twitter. Click on the link in the email to begin using Twitter.
• To follow the AP Annual Conference official Twitter feed, go back to Twitter.com and type "AP_Conf" in the search box in the upper right.
• When your search results appear, click on the AP Annual Conference Logo and click the "Follow" button.
• When tweeting about the AP Annual Conference, you should use #AP_Conf. The "#" symbol, called a hashtag, is used to mark a keyword or topic in a tweet. To tweet with #AP_Conf, locate the "Compose a Tweet" box on the left-hand side of the screen and click inside of it.
• The tweet box will expand and you can begin composing your tweet. When you talk about AP Annual Conference, type "#AP_Conf" at the end of your tweet or in lieu of the conference title. Click "Tweet" when youre done.
How to Sign Up forTwitter on Your Mobile Phone
Please Note: Twitter is available as adownloadable app on all smart phones. If youhave a smart phone, search the applicationstore for Twitter and download the app.
1. On your mobile device browser, go to: http://www.twitter.com .
• Click on “Sign Up.”
1. Enter your Full Name, Email, desired Username, and Password.
• Twitter will ask you to enter a "captcha code" which you can see as text in the image box.
• Once you register you will be taken to the main page. Click on "Connect" to follow the official AP Annual Conference Twitter feed.
• Type "AP_Conf" in the search field at the top. Then click on "View @AP_Confs profile."
• Click on the button with the bird and the + sign in order to follow the “@AP_Conf" account. Following a Twitter account will allow you to see that account’s tweets in your feed.
• If you click on the "Home" tab at the top you can now see the tweets from the @AP_Conf account. Any other Twitter accounts that you choose to follow will appear in this screen, too.
1. To send a tweet, click on the pen and paper icon in the upper-right hand corner of the screen.
• In the box type your message. In order to reference AP Annual Conference, use the hashtag "#AP_Conf" in your message as seen below. A hashtag is a way to tag and make tweets searchable.
Welcome to the Twitter FamilyFollow @AP_Conf and Tweet with the Hashtag #AP_Conf