7. Two-stage test rocket poweredby two rocket motorsBoth stages equiped withparachute recovery modulesSimple, low-cost rocket testingthe possiblity of developing thefull scale two-stage soundingrocketAmelia 2The ideaMission profile
8. Two stage rocketHeight: 2214 mmDiameter: 94 mmMass at liftoff: 7,2 kgCeiling: 3 kmMaterials: composites,duraluminumAmelia 2The Amelia 2 rocket data Amelia 2 rocketof the Rocketry Group,Students’ Space Association
9. Amelia 2Rocket configurationI stage rocket motorII stage rocket motorPlace for an optionallarger rocket motorI stage recovery moduleII stage recovery moduleElectronics and payload bayOnboard cameraGPS Tracker
10. Aerothermodynamic analyses in ANSYS Fluent –main bodyAll elements modeled in CATIALoads calculated analitycaly, use of FEM (ANSYS)Developed computer software:- solid rocket motor optimization- interior ballistics simulations- composite case optimizationDesign methodology
11. First stage:monoque structureSecond stage:stringers and bulkheadsStructureAmelia 2 rocket
12. The same rocket motors in both stagesduring the first flight (simplicity)Self-developed technology- reusable composite solid rocket motorsAmmonium Perchlorate composite propellantSpecific Impulse - 225 sRocket motorsFor the Amelia 2 rocket• 0,43 kg of solid rocket propellant• Composite structure• Propellant mass fraction > 45%
13. ElectronicsMain ComputerMain Power UnitPayloadCamera onboardGPS TrackerPossible small experimentPayload, electronics, recoveryPayloadRecovery, stage seperationParachute recovery for both stagesPyrogen expulsion
14. Final remarksConclusionWhat’s next?
15. Using the knowledgeearned during thedevelopment of thetwo-stage Amelia 2and the simultaneouslydeveloped one stageCanSat LauncherPossibilitiesWhat’s next?Future plans
16. ConclusionLaunching small experimentsDemonstrating thecapability to buildreusable staged rocketsDevelopment of advancedsolid rocket motortechnologyCheap low altitudesounding capabilityPossibilities
17. Thank you for your attention!Adam Oknińskia.m.okniński@gmail.comThe presented materials consist of work doneby the members of the Rocketry Group including:Bartosz Bartkowiak, Dawid Cieśliński, Tadeusz Górnicki,Damian Kaniewski, Błażej Marciniak, Jan Matyszewski,Mateusz Sochacki; Thank you for your help!