1. Content Curation 14 June 2012Katie HannanAccess and Information Services Librarian
2. What is it?“An increasingly valuable form of creative and intellectual labour, a formof authorship that warrants thought”. Maria Popova (brain pickings)http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2012/03/16/percolate-curation/“Digital curation is the selection, preservation, maintenance, collectionand archiving of digital assets”.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_curation
3. Watch...this video on vimeo, it’s a great summaryhttp://vimeo.com/percolatehq/whatiscuration
4. Are you ready...to be a superhero on the web?“Curation is the act of individuals with a passion for a content area tofind, contextualize, and organize information.”http://www.fastcompany.com/1834177/content-curators-are-the-new-superheros-of-the-web
5. What tools could I use?PinterestPaper.liflickrGlossomStorifyPearltreesReduxScoop.itDelicious
6. PurposeAny content that you curate, needs to have a purpose.Why are you sharing this information?Who are you sharing it with? What is the aim?What context/opinion/voice are you adding?
11. Presented by: Katie Hannan Access and Information Services Librarian about.me/katiehannanState Library of South Australia, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000 Phone: (08) 8207 7250 - www.slsa.sa.gov.au