View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
A More Effective
Social Media Presence
Part 2: Execution and Maintenance
You want me to manage what now?
Oh great, just one MORE thing…
Stand back. We got this.
Last time you learned how to…
• Make use of strategic planning and project
management methods to set up (or fix up)
your library’s social media presence;
• Define success for your social media presence
and demonstrate that your efforts are having
the effect you desire.
Today you will learn how to…
• Craft a Facebook page and Twitter account
that will represent your library online;
• Save time and energy by updating multiple
services at the same time;
• Build responsive and usable service points;
• Build community through marketing and
advertising on the social web.
But perhaps you have something else
The Triforce of Social Media Awesomeness
The most important thing:
KEEP IT USER-CENTRIC
Which of the following social media services does your
library already have?
• Just a blog
• Just a Facebook Page
• Just a Twitter account
• Blog and Facebook
• Blog and Twitter
• Facebook and Twitter
• All three
• None of them
• New York Public Library
• The Library of Congress
• Columbus Metropolitan Public
• Seattle Public Library
• Multomah County Library
• Topeka & Shawnee County Public
• Smithsonian Libraries
• American University Library
• University of Kansas Libraries
• North Carolina State University
See presentation notes at: