1. Teacher’s Professional Code of
Wisdom, Virtue, Perseverance, and
2. Role With Students
• Teachers are in a position of trust. Relationships must remain
strictly professional. This includes activities outside of regular
• Teachers are required to report student progress to their
parents. Information about students is a matter of strict
confidence and should not be shared in an unprofessional
3. Role With Colleagues
• You are not part of a union.
• Teachers are expected to share successful education
strategies and to collaborate with colleagues in a professional
• Initially disputes and conflicts between teachers should be
resolved between the parties.
• If the parties cannot resolve the issue, then it should be
referred to the Canadian administration. The parties must
respect the resolution of the Canadian administration.
• Any unprofessional conduct as it relates to inappropriate
behaviour of a colleague must be referred to the Canadian
4. Role Within AKD
• The AKD Board of Directors and the Executive Director at each
school have overall responsibility for the school’s operation
and its adherence to the laws and regulations of the Ministry
of Education, the Province, and the local Government.
• As invited foreign experts in China, Canadian teachers are
expected to respect these conditions.
• Teachers are required to meet the legal requirements of living
and working in China. Passports and other documents may be
requested from time to time.
5. Security/Local Workers
• HE/SHE WILL BE REPLACED!
6. Gifts From Students/Parents
• Normal exchange of gifts is acceptable. However, valuable
gifts from students or parents are not to be accepted.
• They are not to be accepted as part of an apology or after
disciplinary action. They should be returned but in a
discreet, professional manner.
• Requests for individual tutorials outside of class in return for
payment or other benefits is not permitted unless there are
special circumstances and permission is granted through the
• Appropriate Dress
• Professional Language
• Professional Development
• Personal Wellness