1. How to Create a Classroom Blog on WordPress Tips from Bon Education Blog: www.literacyispriceless.wordpress.com
2. Go to http://en.wordpress.com/ <ul><li>1) Click “Sign Up Now!” </li></ul>
3. Fill out the form TIP: This should be unique! Ex: Apple37book TIP: School or personal email address is fine At the bottom of the page select “Gimme a blog!” & click “Next”.
4. Determine your blog’s web address, title and language Decide if you want your blog to show up in search engines like Google (recommended) and click “Signup”. This should be unique!
5. Check your email & click link to activate your blog Tip: If you can’t find an email from WordPress, check your junk mail to see if it accidentally got sorted into the wrong place.
6. Click login! <ul><li>Enter Username </li></ul><ul><li>Enter Password </li></ul><ul><li>Check “Remember Me” (if this is your computer) </li></ul><ul><li>Click “Log In” </li></ul>
7. On your blog homepage, click “About”
8. Click “Edit this entry” 1) Delete text and tell us about your classroom blog 2) Click “Update Page” 3) Click “View Page”
9. 1) Return to your homepage by clicking the title of your blog in the big blue box. 2) Click “Edit” to write your first classroom blog post. 3) Think about what you would like your students to do on the first post. Do you want them to write a comment about a link you’ve posted? Do you want them to submit a piece of writing as a comment? Maybe you just want them to read, watch or listen to what you’ve posted… The sky is the limit!
10. Write your first post! 1) Insert title and text, 2) Insert tags (keywords), 3) Click “Update Post” 4) Click “View post”
11. To add links to your blog… 1) Click “My Dashboard” 2) Click “Links” 3) Think about what sites you would like to link to! Ex: The National, Gulf News, BBC English, etc.
12. Add a link! 1) Click “Add New” 2) Insert link information and click “Add Link”
13. To change the look and feel of your blog… 1) Click “Appearance” 2) Select a theme & click “Activate”
14. Return Home 1) Click “Visit Site” 2) Share your blog with other people--students, teachers, principals, parents. 3) Ask them to read your blog and write a comment on your blog!
15. To comment on a post… 1) Click “Comment” 2) Write a comment & click “Submit Comment”
16. Enjoy blogging with your students! <ul><li>For more information on classroom blogging including tips and links to sample classroom blogs visit: </li></ul><ul><li>http://tinyurl.com/nopved </li></ul><ul><li>For additional information about WordPress: </li></ul><ul><li>Tutorial: http://tinyurl.com/kj4ejm </li></ul><ul><li>FAQ: http://faq.wordpress.com/ </li></ul>
17. About Bon Education <ul><li>BON Education’s mission is to provide critical solutions that significantly improve learning and the accessibility of education worldwide. </li></ul><ul><li>To its clients, BON provides the professional development and consulting services needed to adopt and capitalize on the latest education technologies, supported by in-depth expertise in education, education trends and developments. </li></ul><ul><li>Client sectors: K-12, higher education, public & private sector learning initiatives </li></ul><ul><li>Contact us: </li></ul><ul><li>Bon Education </li></ul><ul><li>Dubai, UAE </li></ul><ul><li>[email_address] </li></ul><ul><li>Twitter: @Bon_Education </li></ul>