History & B.O.D
• Founded by Brijmohan Lall Munjal (Picture put to
• 1984 as a joint venture between Hero Cycles of
India and Honda of Japan at Gurgaon
• August 2011 Company was renamed as HERO
• In 2010, it was reported that Honda planned to sell
its stake in the venture to the Munjal family.
• Head quarter is at New Delhi.
• Managing director & C.E.Os. Mr Pawan Munjal
• Non Executive director Mr Poul Edgerley
• To become a global enterprise fulfilling its
customers' needs and aspirations for mobility
• Setting benchmarks in technology, styling and
quality so that it converts its customers into its
• providing an engaged environment for its people
to perform to their true potential.
• It will continue its focus on value creation and
enduring relationships with its partners
• The vision of a mobile and an empowered
India, powered by its two wheelers.
• Hero MotoCorp Ltd., company's new
identity, reflects its commitment towards
providing world class mobility solutions with
renewed focus on expanding company's
footprint in the global arena.
• To build a robust product portfolio across
categories, explore growth opportunities
• Continuously improve its operational
efficiency, aggressively expand its reach to
• Continue to invest in brand building activities
and ensure customer and shareholder delight.
• Hero MotoCorp is planning to diversify into
the defence sector by offering the army its line
of All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) and off-road
motorcycles in a bid to achieve an EBITDA
interest, taxes, depreciation, and
amortisation) margin of 20 per cent.
• Green Pioneer Award - 2013
• Best value for Money Bike Maker and Best
Advertising in Two Wheelers Category at the
Auto India Best Brand Awards 2012
• Asias Third Best Employer Brand Award
• Innovation in Loyalty Marketing Award
(Initiative: Hero GoodLife Utsav) by Colloquy
• Business Technology Excellence Awards 2012
Neemrana Plant Foundation Stone laid
50 Million Cumulative 2 wheelers production
Global Parts Centre Foundation Stone laid
Huge Profit in crores(Rs)
Profit Before Tax
4 P’s of Marketing
: 2 wheeler bike from 97CC to
: Pan India(rural & urban), Latin
America & Africa.
: An Affordable price
• Promotion : Ads, Marketing assignment and
• Social factor :
A unique initiative of the “Har Gaon Har Aangan”
program it seeks to reach every Indian home and
every Indian village, and in the process, build longlasting relationships with people across the
• Technical factor :
The Company has consistently relied on innovation,
technology and design to sustain excitement
• Environmental factor : In an effort to expand the horizons of its
environmental practices, Hero MotoCorp is
launching a Green Vendor Development Program
(GVDP) in collaboration with its business partners
• Political factor:
With the Company having firm plans to increase its
footprint in Latin America and Africa, it will
become more susceptible to country-specific as
well as region-specific geo-political events.
• Hero Motocorp attracts the customer who is
planning to buy a 2 wheeler
• It offers at low price & better quality
• Suggestible to family member & youth
• In the year 2012-13 recruitment, company
• The complete process comprises of the
• Written Test
• Group Discussion
• Personal Interview
• The World's largest two-wheeler manufacturer
• It continues to maintain this position till date.
• Termination of Honda joint venture December 10th
• August 2011 company was renamed Hero Motocorp
• Net revenue from operations of the Company grew by
0.80%, from Rs. 23,579 crores in 2011-12 to Rs. 23,768
crores in 2012-13.
• Three Plants at Gurgaon, Dehradun & Haridwar and its
cooperate office is at New Delhi