( IN OUR BHAARAT )
Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques includes
3.Amniocentesis and Taking samples of
amniotic fluid, embryo, blood or any tissue
or fluid of pregnant women after conception.
What is Female Foeticide ?
Is the act of aborting a fetus
because it is FEMALE.
FACTORS that FAVOUR…..
Evil of Dowry
Small Child Norm
Evil of Dowry
1. The practice of dowry ,a nationwide problem.
2. Now found in communities and castes in which
it had never been the custom.
3. Inherited from upper caste practices. In
majority of cases,
4. Laws failed to show any impact on the practice
It is estimated that a dowry
death occurs in BHAARAT every
Evil of Dowry……..
1. In marriage the groom demanded that the
bride’s father also provide for his daughter’s
maintenance, since she was now a financial
‘burden’ on him. And the system of dowry
started. So, a girl became a potential
financial drain on man.
2. As a matter of prestige too, more money and
material goods asked in dowry.
3. The girl was no longer desired.
In order to continue possessing ones property, even
after death, the need of an heir, a son, became
Generally, a person need to have someone who
take cares him and continues his family and GENE.
And in general a girl has to leave her home after
MARRIAGE so a person prefer a Boy than a GIRL
Son as Financial Security for old
Small Child Norm
• Faced with social burdens rarely any one prefers to
have more children.
• One or two is the normal of the day .
• For continuance of ones property, and gene, the
need of an heir, a son, becomes necessary.
• Amniocentesis and sonography, widely available,
• Termination of pregnancy is simple and accessible.
• Female foeticide has become quite easy.
• Couple adopts evil ‘It is better to spend Rs500 now
than Rs5,00000 (in dowry) later’
The world population has
a sex ratio of 990 females
per 1000 males
BHAARAT has one of the
lowest sex ratios in the
WikiProject BHAARAT Maps
1901 1911 1921 1931 1941 1951 1961 1971 1981 1991 2001
Sex Ratio BHAARAT
Source: Census of BHAARAT
RURAL VS URBAN
CHILD SEX ratio
?? Closer to facility
FEMALE FOETICIDE &
BHAARATIYA LIVING ABROAD:
• BHAARATIYA in other countries are going for sex selective
abortions is evident by the fact that sex ratio at birth among
the BHAARATIYA community in New Jersey is as bad as in
Punjab and Haryana.
• A report in the British Newspaper, 'observer', hand come up
with evidence that British Asian women go to BHAARAT to
abort their baby girls. The British Law does not allow
parents to choose sex of their babies except to avoid certain
gender linked diseases. This forces many to go abroad.
Abortion on the ground of sex is not allowed under the
Abortion Act of 1967 in the UK. But sex can be disclosed by
patients if they ask during ultrasound.
It speaks of a whole Society that has
gone corrupt, desiring destruction of half
its population, Are we secular, social, and
human?.In Modern BHAARAT a woman is
regarded as a commodity and marriage
has become more of a business alliance
than a sacred bond between two souls.
The Girl Child ……..
• 1 out of every 3 girls does not live to see her 15th
• One-third of these deaths take place at birth
• Every sixth girl child’s death is due to gender
• Females are victimized far more than males
• 1 out of every 10 women reported some kind of
child sexual abuse during childhood, chiefly by
• 1 out of 4 girls is sexually abused before the
age of 4.
• 19% are abused between the ages of 4 and 8.
• 28% are abused between the ages of 8 and 12.
• 35% are abused between the ages of 12 and 16.
• 1 out of 6 girls will not live to see their 12th
• 3 lakh more girls than boys die every year.
• Female mortality exceeds male mortality in 224
out of 402 districts in BHAARAT.
• Death rate among girls below the age of 4 years
is higher than that of boys. Even if she escapes
infanticide or foeticide, a girl child is less likely
to receive immunisation,
nutrition or medical treatment compared to a
• 53% of girls in the age group of 5 to 9 years are
• Every year 27,06,000 children under 5 years die
in BHAARAT. And the deaths of girl children are
higher than those of male children.
08/03/13 Smt. KASTURBA GANDHI
OUR BHAARTIYA culture also tells us to RESPECT
WOMEN. That’s why we PRAYS to Goddess LAXMI for
Money, Goddess GAYATRI for Wisdom and Goddess
DURGAA for Power.
GOD live there only, where the WOMEN
get RESPECT from OTHERS.