1. KHADI & Village Industries Commission Presented by: Arup Dasgupta Nagaland University
2. INTRODUCTIONKHADI (brand ambassador): Mahatma GandhiKhadi refers to handspun and hand-woven cloth and the raw materials may be cotton, silk, or wool, which are spun into threads.Khadi was launched in 1920 as a political weapon in the Swadeshi movement of Mahatma Gandhi.Khadi is sourced from different parts of India like
3. Village IndustryAny industry located in a rural area which produces any goods or renders any service with or without the use of power and in which the fixed capital investment per head of an artisan or a worker does not exceed [one lakh rupees] or such other sum as may, by notification in the Official Gazette, be specified from time to time by the Central Government.Relevance of Khadi and village industryBoth are labor intensive in nature and we are labor surplus country.Required little capital to set up.
4. Khadi and Village Industries Commission KVIC is a statutory body Abbreviation KVIC formed by the Government India. Formation 1956 Six zonal offices in Delhi Headquarters Mumbai Bhopal, Bangalore, Kolk ata, Mumbai and Parent organization MoMSMEs Guwahati. want to reach every Minister of MSME Dinesh Patel household in rural area Chairperson Kumud Joshi To provide additional employment of 37 lakhs persons by the end of Staff Around 94 lacs 2011-12 through
5. Chronology1935 – All India Village Industries Association was formed.1946 – Government of Madras sought the advice of Gandhiji and set up a department for Khadi.1953 - Govt. of India set up All India Khadi & Village Industries Board (AIKVIB)1955 - It was decided that a statutory body should replace the Board.1956 - Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act 1956, was passed.1957 - Khadi and Village Industries Commission came into being.
6. OBJECTIVESOCIAL OBJECTIVE: Creating and providing employment opportunities in Rural areas with focus on women and other weaker sections of the society.ECONOMIC OBJECTIVE: Making use of locally available raw material and skill.WIDER OBJECTIVE: Creating sense of self-reliance among the rural peoplePROMISE: Transparency, responsiveness and prompt action on queries/request from the target group.GUIDANCE, HELP AND COMPLAINTS : Contact Public Relation Officer at KVIC.
7. The KVIC has broadly re-grouped various village industries under seven heads: Agro Based and Food Processing Industry (Fruit and Vegetable Processing, pulses processing ,village oil etc) Polymer and Chemical Based Industry (Soap Industry, Leather Industry ) Forest Based Industry (Medicinal Plants Industry, Bee Keeping Industry) Mineral Based Industry (Lime)
8. Handmade Paper and Fiber Industry (Handmade Paper Industry, Fiber Industry) Rural Engineering and Bio – Technology Industry (Non – Conventional Energy , Electronics) Service Industry
9. Function of KVIC Planning, promotion, organization and implementation of programs for the development of Khadi and other village industries in the rural areas. Training of persons employed or desirous of seeking employment in Khadi and Village Industries. To build up reserves of raw materials and supply them to persons engaged or likely to be engaged in production of handspun yarn or Khadi or Village Industries. To provide financial assistance to institutions or persons engaged in the development and operation of Khadi or Village Industries Studies of the problems of Khadi or Village Industries.
10. Performance & Statistics : Sales Year (Rs. In Crores) Khadi Village Total Industries 2000-2001 570.55 7384.55 7955.10 2004-2005 617.84 12487.35 13105.19 2005-2006 628.69 14647.33 15276.02 2006-2007 663.19 16899.21 17562.40 2007-2008 724.39 20819.09 21543.48 2008-2009 799.60 21948.59 22748.19
11. Employment Year (In Lakh Persons) Khadi Village Total Industries2000-2001 9.56 50.51 60.072004-2005 8.64 68.14 76.782005-2006 8.68 74.09 82.772006-2007 8.84 80.08 88.922007-2008 9.16 90.11 99.272008-2009 9.50 94.41 103.91
12. Scheme & program of the commission Prime Ministers Employment Generation Program (PMEGP) Rajiv Gandhi Swavlamban Rozgar Yojna (RGSRY) Rural Industry Service Centre (RISC) Interest Subsidy Eligibility Certification Scheme (ISEC)
13. Implementation of schemes & program State offices (29) , K&VI, Corporative K&VI, Co- Societies(30,138) operative societies, Entrepreneur