Water Cycle


Published on

This work is done for students in the promotion of our College Seminar Lady of the Valley, and of course by our English teacher, Jimmy H. profesror Vergara. If I remember, my name Juank.

Published in: Education, Business
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Total views
On SlideShare
From Embeds
Number of Embeds
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Water Cycle

  1. 1. Water Cycle Students: Ventura Leiva Jair Brayan Bautista Del Rio Juan Carlos Grade: 5° Teacher: Jimmy Henry Vergara
  2. 2. Introduction <ul><li>The Earth's water is always in movement, and the water cycle, also known as the hydrologic cycle, describes the continuous movement of water on, above, and below the surface of the Earth. Since the water cycle is truly a &quot;cycle,&quot; there is no beginning or end. Water can change states among liquid, vapor, and ice at various places in the water cycle, with these processes happening in the blink of an eye and over millions of years. Although the balance of water on Earth remains fairly constant over time, individual water molecules can come and go in a hurry. </li></ul>
  3. 3. The Greenhouse Effect <ul><li>The climate always has changed, the problem of the climatic change is that in the last century the pace of these variations has hastened in an anomalous way, to such a degree that affects already the planetary life. On having looked for the reason of this acceleration, some scientists thought that a direct relation exists between (among) the global warming or climatic change and the increase of the emission (issues) of greenhouse gases (GEI), provoked principally by the industrialized societies. </li></ul>
  4. 4. <ul><li>The Earth receives energy from the Sun in the form of radiation. Most of the energy is in visible wavelengths and in infrared wavelengths that are near the visible range (often called &quot;near infrared&quot;). The Earth reflects about 30% of the incoming solar radiation. The remaining 70% is absorbed, warming the land, atmosphere and oceans. </li></ul><ul><li>The visible solar radiation mostly heats the surface, not the atmosphere, whereas most of the infrared radiation escaping to space is emitted from the upper atmosphere, not the surface. The infrared photons emitted by the surface are mostly absorbed in the atmosphere by greenhouse gases and clouds and do not escape directly to space. </li></ul>
  5. 5. <ul><li>Solar radiation at top of atmosphere and at Earth's surface. </li></ul>
  6. 6. <ul><li>Pattern of absorption bands generated by various greenhouse gases and their impact on both solar radiation and upgoing thermal radiation from the Earth's surface. Note that a greater quantity of upgoing radiation is absorbed, which contributes to the greenhouse effect. </li></ul>
  7. 7. <ul><li>(Source: GISS-GCM ModelE simulation) </li></ul>The Greenhouse Gases 3% O 3 9% CO 2 36% H 2 O percent reduction in GE Gas removed
  8. 8. Possible solutions to the greenhouse effect <ul><li>Reducing use of fossil fuels would considerably carbon dioxide produced, as well as reducing the levels of the pollutants which cause acid rain. This can be achieved by either using less energy altogether, or using alternative energy sources. You can help save energy in lots of ways: </li></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) were invented in the 1920s, they are a compound of carbon containing chlorine and fluorine. CFCs are man made chemicals, so we call them synthetic chemicals. Since their introduction CFCs have been used as: </li></ul></ul></ul></ul><ul><li>Refrigerants in refrigerators and air conditioning units </li></ul><ul><li>Propellants in aerosol cans </li></ul><ul><li>Foaming agents in the production of packaging </li></ul><ul><li>Cleaners used in the electronics industry </li></ul><ul><li>Fire extinguisher chemicals </li></ul><ul><li>New refrigerants have been developed, and new aerosols use other propellants such as butane, so it is now actually quite difficult to get hold of CFCs (assuming you wanted to get some for something anyway). </li></ul>
  9. 9. <ul><li>“ Man is master of his life but not in the world, only God can improve or d estroy ” </li></ul>
  10. 10. Bibliography <ul><li>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect </li></ul><ul><li>http://sepiensa.org.mx/contenidos/2005/l_calenta/calentamiento_1.htm </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.indianchild.com/greenhouse_effect.htm </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.myclimatechange.net/UserImage/3/Definition/GreenhouseEffect.jpg </li></ul><ul><li>http://escueladebielsa.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/ad_wwf_calentamiento_global.jpg </li></ul>