4. QUESTIONS…<br />Salt in the oceans comes from rocks (F)<br /> Most from the salt is sodium chloride= table salt (T)<br />Water pressure is the amount of salt water (F)<br />Ocean have the saltiest water on Earth(F)<br />The salinity of the oceans change a lot from place to place (F)<br />Something else that depends on the ocean pressure is depth(F)<br />At the surface the water is warmed by sea animals (F)<br />75% of the oceans has a temperature between 0° c and 3°c (F)<br />To study the oceans scientist use planes or helicopters (F)<br />Some of the conditions of the oceans depends on the water <br />surface (F)<br />
5. ANSWERS…<br />FALSE:<br />Salt in the oceans comes from minerals that are washed out from land.<br />The downward push of water is called water pressure.<br />The saltiest water is of Dead Sea, a lake from Israel.<br />The salinity doesn´t change much from place to place.<br />Something else that depends on the ocean´s pressure. <br />At the surface the water is warmed by the sun and by warm air above the surface.<br />Is about 90%. The ocean has a temperature between 0°C and 3°C.<br />To study the ocean the scientist use submarines.<br />But other condition depends on the temperature not water surface.<br />
6. EARTH´S OCEANS<br />
7. VIDEO:<br />ONCE UPON A <br />TIDE<br />
8. Taking Notes<br />Once upon a tide<br /><ul><li>Fish are dying .
9. Corals are Bleaching.
10. Ocean is very important to humans.
11. The ocean is a big ecosystem. (Contains most plants and animals).
12. Everyone has forgotten the ocean.
13. The ocean is very interesting,misterious and has many secrets.
14. The ocean is the home of many living things.
15. Fish are filled of venom.
16. The ocean is warming.
17. Oceans provide some medicines.
18. Humans cause all the harm to oceans.
19. Oceans are beautiful and we shouldn’t harm it.
20. Oceans need our help.
21. Oceans have amazing things
22. Oceans are warming</li></li></ul><li>HOW DOES <br />OCEAN <br />WATER MOVE? <br />
23. QUESTIONS…<br />Define:<br /><ul><li>Waves
26. Storm Surage
27. El niño</li></ul>2.Compare and contrast: Currents-waves<br />3.How is surface current different from a current <br />near the coast?<br />4.Compare the types of tides.<br />
28. ANSWERS<br />1.<br />Waves: A wave is the up and down movement of surface water<br />Tsunami: A very large ocean wave caused by an underwater <br />earthquake or volcanic eruption.<br />Tide: The rise and fall of the water level of the water in the ocean.<br />Storm Surage: The mound of water that pushes onto shore in a hurricane<br />El niño:A warming of the surface water of the eastern and central Pacific Ocean, <br />occurring every 4 to 12 years and causing unusual global weather patterns. <br />An El Niño is said to occur when the trade winds that usually push warm surface <br />water westward weaken, allowing the warm water to pool.<br />
29. 2.<br />3. If the winds don’t blow toward the west the warm surface water, stays near the coast. The deep, cold currents don’t reach the surface, and the coastal water stays very warm.<br />4.<br />
33. WHAT FORCES<br />SHAPE<br />SHORELINES?<br />ACTIVITY<br />
34. QUESTIONS…<br />Define:<br /><ul><li>Shore
36. Tide pool
37. Jetty</li></ul>2.Describe how a shore can be change<br />3.What are 2 features that can be seen along a <br />shore?<br />4.Which human activities can affect shore?<br />5.How have explorers been able to travel deep <br />Into oceans?<br />
38. ANSWERS<br />Shore: The area where the oceans and the land meet and <br />Interact.<br />Headland: When the soft rock is worn away, the hard rock <br />Left behind may from a point of land.<br />Tide pool: A temporary pool of ocean water.<br />Jetty: A wall-like structure that sticks out into the ocean.<br />2. At some places, the shore is a flat beach covered with <br />Sand and pebbles, waves can carry the sand away. At other<br />Places along the shore, there may be a steep cliff.<br />
39. 2. At some places, the shore is a flat beach covered with Sand and pebbles, waves can carry the sand away. At other Places along the shore, there may be a steep cliff.<br />3 Some shores are flat and are covered with sand and pebbles. Others shores can be a steep cliff<br />4 Beach restoration, workers spread out sand, build structure<br />That block currents etc.<br />5 Scientist created diving bells, diving suits and summaries to help people explore deep into the ocean.<br />
40. THE OCEANS FLOORS<br />
41. Continental Shelf<br />The part of the ocean floor that drops gently near the land.<br />Continental Shelf<br />
42. Continental Slope <br />The part of the ocean floor that descent from the continental shelf to the ocean bottom.<br />
43. Continental Rise <br />The part of the ocean floor that is an underwater feature found between the continental slope and the abyssal plain. <br />
44. Abyssal Plain <br />The part of the ocean floor that is an underwater plain on the deep ocean. It can have mountains formed by volcanic eruptions. <br />