Link directly to any point in a video by right-clicking on the
play marker and selecting “Copy video URL at current point.”
by typing &rel=0
at the end of the
videos by clicking
on the button.
Turn on close captioning to
read along with the audio
of the clip. You can drag
the text anywhere on the
screen and control fonts,
colors, sizes, and more by
clicking on “options.”
Use a tool like ViewPure (www.viewpure.com) or QuietTube
(www.quiettube.com) to view and share YouTube videos with no
additional visual clutter or distractions.
Make any YouTube video play on repeat by simply adding the
word “repeater” after the word “youtube” in the video url.
This tool will also allow you to loop only a portion of the video.
Skip directly to the
“important” parts of
a video by adding
&wadsworth=1 to the
end of the YouTube
Access videos blocked in your country by changing the ending
of the video url from watch?v=IEIWdEDFlQY to /v/IEIWdEDFlQY.
This will also launch the video in fullscreen.
Quickly and easily download any YouTube video by
adding ss to the URL right before “youtube”.
to quickly and easily
crop YouTube videos
and share only the
to crop YouTube videos,
add chapters, text, and
Use Watch2gether (www.watch2gether.com) to run a
real-time chat room alongside a YouTube video.
Create a YouTube account and use the built-in editor
(www.youtube.com/editor) to merge and edit videos.
Know your YouTube
• Use the tab button to scroll through…Play/Pause button,
Seek bar, Volume, Resolution, Pop-up video, Expand
• J key: Jump back
• K key: Pause
• L key: Jump forward
• Left/Right arrow: Jump 5 seconds into ahead or back
• Home: Jump to the beginning of the video
• End: Jump to the end of the video
• Space: Play/Pause the video
• Number 1 to 9: #1 skips 10% in, #2 skips 20% in and so forth
• Number 0: Jumps to the beginning of the YouTube video
• Up / Down keys: control the volume of a YouTube videos
• F key: Video enters fullscreen mode
• Esc key: Video exits fullscreen mode
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.