You can reduce the
amount of waste you
create by choosing
what rubbish you
Ways to Reduce
• Reduce unnecessary waste by avoiding
those pointless purchases.
• Buy bottles instead of cans and
• Sell or give away unwanted items
• Reduce paper waste by cancelling
Many items found around the
home can be used for
different purposes. So before
you throw those items away,
think about how they can be
Ways to Reuse
• Jars and pots. By cleaning glass jars and
• Old clothes – can be made into other textile
items such as cushion covers.
• Used wood Can be used in woodcrafts for
making objects such as a spice rack or a bird
• Scrap paper Can be used to make notes and
Recycling is an important
factor in conserving natural
resources and greatly
improving the environment.
Ways to Recycle
• Recycle bins.
Make sure you have a recycle bin in your
• Buy products that have been made from
• Buy products that can be recycled.
• Find ways of recycling different materials
Many materials can be recycled, such as
paper, plastic, metal and glass.