1. CMGT/410 NEW UPDATED COURSE CLICK THIS LINK TO PURCHASE THE ENTIRE COURSE http://homeworkfox.com/question/1085/CMGT/410 Week 1 Individual AssignmentConsider the following scenario:You have been hired by a large company with branch offices around the country to assist withrollout of a new companywide compliance system. While initially the focus was onimplementation of the technology, it was found that success will require at least 10 hours oftraining for all managers across the country on both the use of the new platform as well as a hostof new compliance policies being introduced. Of the options discussed, it was generally agreedthan the training should be hands-on and conducted in person at a central location. This willobviously require getting organizational buy in as not all managers are going to be willing tocommit to taking time out from their normal responsibilities just for some training. In addition,such large scale centralized training has not been done before by this company; therefore, theCEO wants feedback from participants to evaluate the effectiveness of any training sessions. Asa result, your manager has given you the responsibility to develop an outline for a proposedproject that would meet this upcoming need.Submit a 2- to 3-page memo that does the following: • Names the project • Briefly describes the project • Identifies potential stakeholders directly or indirectly involved • Specifies the overall objective and any outcomes for this project • Details how success will be evaluated • Highlights what is needed to ascertain the measurable organizational value (MOV) of this project.You will need to make some assumptions (it is even encouraged) but the assumptions must bedocumented.Week 1 DQ1Carton et al (2008) describe what they consider a “successful” enterpriseresource planning (ERP) implementation. What aspects of the project made it“successful ” in their definition? Would your organization describe this assuccessful? Why or why not?Week 1 DQ2
2. Based on the article by Anantatmula (2010), why is the project manager socritical to the success of the project?CMGT/410 Week 2 Individual AssignmentYou have been tasked with the project of organizing a company offsite 2-day training session inwhich people are brought in from different parts of the country.This entails everything from preparation, accommodations, and facilities.Submit a 2- to 3-page executive memo summarizing the projects objective, any scopingboundaries used to define the project, and relevant facts about the tasks or resources.Identify all related tasks and resources needed to complete this project.Highlight or specify any measurable deliverables relating to your project.Attach a task list with assigned resources from a Microsoft® Project file that supports what youhave outlined in your memo.Week 2 DQ1Analyze the techniques discussed in the Guldemond et al. article (2008), andpropose how you would apply them to your own skill set as a Project Manager.Week 2 DQ2In their 2009 article, Turner et al. describe the relatively low implementation rateof Gantt chart, CPM diagrams, etc. in projects. Does your organization use thesetools? How does this data compare to the implementation of these tools in yourorganization? Why?CMGT/410 Week 3 Individual AssignmentThe project for the company offsite 2-day training session has been given a preliminary go-ahead. However a budget needs to be submitted for approval.Write a 2- to 3-page memo explaining the financial implications of your project that does thefollowing:Adds costs estimates to your resources (both labor and material) – Refer to websites like theUnited States Department of Labor for estimates.Adds estimates for all task duration and sequencing of tasks (including precedence relations)Summarizes any relevant facts about the project duration, number or type of resources, criticaltask sequencing, and how duration estimates were arrived at
3. Highlights if there are any milestones for your project Include a Microsoft® Project Gantt chart,as an attachment, showing the WBS of tasks (with dependencies) and task sequences, along withany budget or cost reports to support your memo.CMGT/410 Week 3 Learning Team AssignmentThis is the core of any project plan used to communicate what tasks are needed and the order ofsequence to be done to meet deadlines and deliverables.At a minimum the section will contain the following: Business requirements document (BRD) that provides additional details regarding the expectations (such as user, system, and functional) that must be met for achieving goals of the project Work breakdown structure (WBS) showing discrete work tasks and grouped hierarchically that helps to organize and define the total work scope of the projectWrite 3 to 4 pages on your findingsWeek 3 DQ1In Hurley ’s 2009 article, what type of costs should project managers be trackingto get an accurate total cost? Why is it critical to track these costs?Week 3 DQ2Why is cost and quality management so important to know how to successfullyapply in project management? What are the potential consequences of a projectmanager not knowing these two valuable tools?CMGT/410 Week 4 Individual AssignmentThe company offsite 2-day training session project is about ready to enter the execution phase.However, management has a history of being surprised with projects that finished over-budget,did not adhere to the timeline, evinced waste of resources, or did not meet expectations.Address your strategy for the following in a 2- to 3-page memo to gain their confidence in yourproject management abilities:Analyze and report unplanned changesEvaluate project qualityProcedures you plan to implement for handling change control issuesHow you plan to communicate whether the project is meeting any stated performance andquality objectives
4. CMGT/410 Week 4 Learning Team AssignmentThe allocation and cost of resources need to be carefully monitored if a project is to be deliveredon-time and on-budget.At a minimum this section will contain the following:Allocation of resources to project tasks (both labor and material)Cost estimates for project resourcesGantt diagram showing duration estimates for all tasks and their sequencing (includingprecedence relations) and highlighting any critical path(s) arising from task dependenciesultimately determining the minimal duration of a projectIn addition summarize any relevant facts about the project duration, number or type of resources,critical task sequencing, or how duration estimates were arrived at, and any financialimplications (for example, budget or cost reports of the project as well)Develop a baseline for your project plan so that all future variances are captured.Write 3 to 4 pages on your findings.Just need highlighted part completed, attached is team project information to use to completesectionWeek 4 DQ1In his 2008 article, Moore talks about contract project professionals. What doeshe believe is the role that contract project professionals play? Why/how arethose roles important in managing a company ’s human resources?Week 4 DQ2Based on the article by Swinarksi et al (2010), how would you go about makingsure that team members have the required skill sets for the specific project?WEEK 5CMGT/410 Week 5 Individual AssignmentProject PostmortemNow that the company offsite 2-day training session project is over, conduct a postmortemreview.Submit a 1- to 2-page memo that does the following:
5. Details the benefits and drawbacks of a postmortem reviewLists who should partake in this meeting,Indicates what you hope to discover at the conclusionCMGT/410 Week 5 Learning Team AssignmentRevise and submit all sections of your Learning Team project along with the Week Five sectionbelow.It is essential for establishing confidence that a project will be executed effectively and withminimal waste. A plan for performance measurement requires identifying which critical elementshould be measured, how they are measured, and when they are measured to communicate if theproject is on track.At a minimum the section will contain the following: Measurable objectives identified as milestones on the Gantt chart Risk mitigation strategy for analyzing and reporting unplanned changes as well what procedures you plan to implement for handling change control issues Description of project reporting regarding the on-going evaluation and status of project efforts to stakeholder and participants on the project team Method for determining whether the project has met its objectives and how the project is terminatedWrite 3 to 4 pages on your findings.Prepare a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation of the entire Learning TeamProject, as completed in Weeks Two, Three, Four, and Five.Week 5 DQ1Based on the article by Kutsch, why is it important to conduct a project riskmanagement process? What are some of the downfalls to not conducting one?Week 5 DQ2In your own words, how would you explain project risk management? What aresome real-life examples where project risk management would be imperative?Give details for each example.