FCP Spot Test #1 Marking Key - CFSGT Putland - Mar 10
Name: Marking Key Score: /20 = %
1. What is the definition of a map? [3 marks]
A map is a representation of part of the earth's surface drawn to
scale on a flat surface showing natural and artificial features.
2. What type of maps do we use in the AAFC? [1 mark]
3. Name three things found in the marginal information. [3 marks]
Any 3 of: Scale Contour interval
Legend Mag. variation Date of survey
Adjoining map numbers / diagram / names
4. List Four Topographical features. [4 marks]
Any 4 of: Valleys
Others, at markers discretion
5. List three ways of topographical representation. [3 marks]
Hill shading Layer tinting
Form Lines Spot Heights
6. What are the three sources of reference in terms of direction (i.e.
the three types of north)? [3 marks]
7. List three parts of the Silva compass. [3 marks]
Compass housing Base plate Magnifying glass
Scale Needle Orienteering lines
Direction of travel arrow
CFSGT G. Putland FCP Revision Spot Test #1
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.