Reflections on the Raft
From zero interest to well over
budget in under 4 weeks.
2. The Tweet of [Destiny|Doom] - 9/6
3. Impressive plywoods nailed to 2x4s!
We need a wiki page!
4. Tatami Project - 9/19
• robust stability + mobility Auspicious Configurations
(easily towable and
• "modular" building materials -
stuff you can find in standard
sizes at any hardware store
• least amount of cutting and
• least cost without sacrificing
seaworthiness or ease of
• most affordable, compact
5. Oops, now it's real.
6. 6 days before launch - 9/26 - NIMBY
David Staiton designing a
rope knotting pattern to
hold the barrles on.
Goal: avoid drowning us
someone how to tie knots.
Avio suffers the weight of his ambitious 8-tatami layout.
8. I Know! Let's Ask the Internet! - 10/3
Q: "What the best knot to tie
around barrels to lash them to
5 minutes later...
A: "Bowlin[sic] knot best knot.
9. 5am Saturday "morning" - 10/2
[getting towed by Patri and friends]
that SHOULD work.
11. When you commit to
making something real,
reality must make room
12. Wait, what? How did this happen?
"...And the Apocaisle camp wins
the award for sheer ravenous
audacity, diving headfirst into
construction of a two-story tiki
bar and working pirate radio
station only two weeks before
Newsletter, Oct 15th 2009.