2. Google Panda Farmer Content Penalties FreshnessOriginal EMD &Content PMD
3. Google PandaFarmer PenaltiesEver since the beginning of website development there have been people who stealcontent from other websites. These website scraping domains came to be known ascontent farms. As Panda progressed in 2012 there were rolling updates to the algorithmas Google became better at recognizing these sites.
4. Google PandaOriginal ContentOne of the ways Google began to recognize qualitywebsites was by determining the level of originalcontent produced. The idea is that your website, nomatter which competitive group it lives in, should haveenough interesting and original content to supportevery page.In other words, you can no longer expect a page torank for a certain keyword if the content on the pagedoes not back it up. Matt Cutts has been known forstressing the importance of having adequate contentsupport for any page creation - not the other wayaround.
5. Google Panda Content Freshness Another key factor for rankings that has come from Panda is the idea that the natural progression of a website should have regular content additions. Google believes that if a website is going to stay relevant it will need to be interesting for users and follow current trends. Blog creation, regular updates on sale information, weather updates, upcoming events, etc. – These are just a few of the ways a business can maintain website freshness in its competitive space.
6. Google PandaEMD & PMDExact Match Domains (EMD) & Partial Match Domains (PMD) are receiving morescrutiny from Google Panda these days. After an update in September 2012 therewere a lot of EMD that lost top page rankings if they were not supported by qualitycontent.Having keywords in the domain name of your website used to be a ranking factortoward the positive in the world of search. Talk of reducing the value of an exact matchdomain has been around for a couple years, but it wasn’t until the Penguin updatecame along to more closely measure the quality of a site that it was made possible. www.NO-MORE-KEYWORD-STUFFING.com
7. Google Penguin Page Quality Links Layout No More Black Hat!! UserReduce Over EngagementOptimization
8. Google Penguin Page Title With Relevant KeywordPage LayoutWhen Penguin was released in March of 2012 itwas originally called the Page Layout update byGoogle. The algorithm was updated to evaluate Engaging Content Interestingthe quality of each individual pages based on its Visuallayout.This part of penguin refers to the structure of thepage itself. In other words, how does the pageread and is it user friendly. The idea of placingengaging content “above the fold” became animportant part of SEO practices. Interesting Engaging Content Visual
9. Google PenguinReduce Over-optimizationTaking the page layout guidelines even further Google began to penalize over-optimization.In a rare pre-release notification, Matt Cutts told the SEO community that this update wasintended to give equal opportunity to websites creating high quality content.The Penguin algorithm update changed the nature of SEO so that nobody would have theupper hand by using tricks to game the system. With this evolution happening in the SEOworld the industry became less focused on ways to gain rankings and more focused onfinding innovative business marketing strategies.
10. Google PenguinQuality LinksThe number of links that point to a website directly effects its domain authority. It used tobe that you could purchase links whether that was through link farm websites, directorylistings or article placements.Google then took it one step further by penalizing websites who continue to have “badlinks” pointing to their domain can now be penalized by Google. They even began a newservice `in Google Webmaster Tools to alert website owners that they had “questionablelinks” for their domains and should work to get them removed.
11. Google Penguin User Engagement For white hat SEOs this piece of our job has always been the most important. How do users interact with the website and are they finding what their search queries brought them here for? With the Penguin update fewer and fewer poorly constructed websites are making the cut. Google has been reporting on user engagement in Analytics for years and now they are giving more value to how interesting a website is. Not only is a website expected to have original and robust content to support search queries, but how a searcher behaves once they arrive to your site is also very important.
12. Google+Google+ Local User ReviewsBusiness SocialPages Interaction
13. Google+Google+ LocalEveryone chuckled a little when Googledeveloped the “+” universe as competition tothe ever-popular Facebook. Then early this yearthe switch was made from Google Places toGoogle+ Local. With the popularity of GoogleMaps and the slow start of Google+ theydecided to combine the two.Business PagesBy creating a business page on Google+ you aregiving potential customers more informationabout your product that may make it moreengaging. The more information you canshowcase about your business the more likelyyou are to get new customers who find youthrough relevant search queries.
14. Google+User ReviewsGoogle has become more dependent on reviews in determining the value of a business inthe local market. Taking that one step further, Google also places value on the responsebusinesses give to their customer reviews and the ways in which they encourage people toleave their thoughts.Social InteractionGoogle+ for business has become a way for many websites to incorporate socialinteraction through their listings. Users who are signed in to Google can now leave reviewsat the push of a button and give your business a +1 at the same time.