• Save
Amanda Steinberg, SMASH Summit NYC
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×
 

Amanda Steinberg, SMASH Summit NYC

on

  • 1,290 views

Amanda Steinberg's (Founder & CEO @ Daily Worth) presentation at SMASH Summit on 7/26 in NYC

Amanda Steinberg's (Founder & CEO @ Daily Worth) presentation at SMASH Summit on 7/26 in NYC

Statistics

Views

Total Views
1,290
Views on SlideShare
1,282
Embed Views
8

Actions

Likes
2
Downloads
0
Comments
0

2 Embeds 8

http://pinterest.com 7
http://www.pinterest.com 1

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Adobe PDF

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

Amanda Steinberg, SMASH Summit NYC Amanda Steinberg, SMASH Summit NYC Presentation Transcript

  • METRICS & TACTICS OF EMAIL ACQUISITIONAmanda Steinberg of DailyWorth 2
  • We Deliver Worth (daily by email)3
  • Email Subscriber Growth 2009-2012 320,000 0 Jan 2009 July 2012 3.5 years to 320,000 4
  • Email Subscriber Acquisition Is Our Game 5
  • 2012 Acquisition Breakdown15% Direct 46% Programs & Partnerships (FTW!) 6
  • The BasicsBe Awesome or Don’t Send 7
  • Make Your Content Kickass: Positioning* *(most important slide) DailyWorth 20MM+ audience opportunityLowest Common Jargony Denominator 8
  • Real-life, Pithy Content RulesKiplingers DailyWorth 9
  • Make Sure Your Subject Lines Kickass–hint: don’t include the word “tax”Highest Open Rates• Stop Lying• Cut It Out• “Whoa”• Moms Hit the FloorLowest Open Rates• Fees That Are 401-Not-OK• Making Wealth Less Taxing 10
  • Keep It Short:150 – 250 words 11
  • Optimize UI for Email 12
  • s 70% of homepa ge says “Give me your ema il” =9 % co n v ersion 13
  • 100% of gateway page says “Give me your ema il” = 30%conversi on 14
  • Program details: •  Enter to win •  Tell your friends Result: Social share explosion + 40,000 subscribers15
  • We Love “OPL” (other people’s lists) •  Great excuse to make friends with other properties •  Amazing for growth, mediocre for engagement •  Contests work best with double opt-in •  With double opt-in – you’ll lose 80% of your growth but the remaining 20% are the gold you were after in the first place 16
  • Shout Out to Hilary Fetter,DailyWorth Marketing Director Growth Hacker (@hfetter) 17
  • Embrace Constant Failure • SEO • PR • Syndication • Original contentWhat worked last month, • Twitter • Facebook may not work today • Tell-a-friend • Contests • Referrals • Webinars • Video • Incentives ... and the list goes on … 18
  • Amanda SteinbergCEO, DailyWorth.com @AmandaSteinberg 19