View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
1. How was your purchase?
2. Do you have questions?
3. Referral program reminder
4. Loyalty program reminder
One email boosted conversion rates 21%
100k increase in monthly revenue
(credit to James Kim)
1. Start with a sign-up confirmation, and 1 or 2 additional emails
2. A/B test through adding more emails
1. Look at your data
1. What determines user success?
3. Start testing there.
Data tells us (at Yammer) that mobile app downloads predicate continued engagement,
especially if the download occurs in the the first 30 days.
Based on this, we can start testing sending a reminder to download the mobile
app in that timeframe.
Big ESP - move the logic oﬀsite
API-driven stack - the product drives the email
1. I have a massive deck of transactional emails as well as marketing emails
2. I have to deal with a large number of languages
3. All of my emails are (mostly) customized by user / market / language
1. a structure to fill in,
2. a place to store the content
3. a way to identify which content which customer gets
1. Pass all of the user data over in bulk daily
2. Query data via automation action, build send list
3. Build email with content customized based on user profile
1. Customer performs action / reaches threshold to receive an email
2. Segment.io picks up that signal + data and passed to Klaviyo
3. Within Klaviyo, assemble personalized email
Your technology strategy should enable your
marketers to test and change content / timing /
This should drive your platform / technology