4. Faculty : Students : Content What do they learn? Teaching Learning methods methodology Developing Delivery mechanism appropriate skillset Feedback Encouraging creativity “Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.” ― Socrates
5. Institute: Quality of graduates and employability Teaching learning processes Research activities Use of technology in classrooms Use of laptops, handhelds, ipads and even mobile devices, online testing, LMS, CMS etc. Real life applications and Live projects
7. Are we geared to produce the skill set needed tomorrow ? Are we producing engineers for the next generation? Do we know the technologies which are needed today and even a few years down the line? Are we inculcating hunger for knowledge among students ? Is qualitative research happening in Institutes?
8. Cloud computing Big data
9. Industry Institute Interaction Understand the gap Skillset gap: Attitude Technical skills (technologies which are relevant today and tomorrow) Logical and Analytical thinking skills Learning to Learn Communication skills Team work
10. Move from traditional structural programming platforms to python, Ruby on rails, Spring etc. to do app development on various web enabled devices used
11. Range of portable devices Web enabled apps Hosted on cloud Using Hadoop
12. Encourage students to apply concepts, relate to live scenarios Internships in Organizations and within and Institute Live projects Maintain Institute website, VIOLA 3.0 , V Print, Vrefer, V place, V Feeds, VAiOS, Live@edu, On demand information, and many more Strong focus on enhancing Faculty competency Enhance Industry Institute Interactions and alliance programs
13. Initiated in 2010 Faculty STTPs Faculty Lounge PIVOT-2010, Industry Academia meet Daily technical feeds: http://www.facebook.com/EMCacademicalliance EMC webinars Expert talks by seniors from Industry Certification benefits Many more
14. Mega trends in IT: Cloud Computing and Big Data: Are here to stay.Deployments and usage will increase over a period of time.Is the Academia ready to join this journey?
15. “Coming together is the beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” ― Henry Ford