• Once per year event for techies, geeks, programmers, social media, and more.• UN-Conference that boosted the grass roots community of exceptional talent here in Tampa Bay.• Organized under http://meetup.com/barcamptampabay• http://barcamptampabay.org
IGNITE Tampa.org“Enlighten us, but make it quick!”20 slides, 15 seconds each, 1 passion, 16+ talks
We are always looking for speakers – or people passionate about what they do! (and volunteers!)
The platform that keeps us all connected.BarCamp, Ignite, Geek Lunch, Ruby, Python, PHP,Wordpress, iPhone, Android, Graphic Design,Tech Rant, Lean Startup and more.
St. Pete / Pinellas meet-up for geeks looking toconnect with other geeks without the commuteacross the bridge.Monthly, and semi-randomly scheduled lunch timemeet-ups without scheduled topics, but alwayscurrent and interesting geek subjects.Great for lone geeks, telecommuters or thoselooking for extra geek socializing.
wouldnt it be cool if….• Coding Practice - come practice writing code -- mostly in Ruby & a Kids’ version.• Math and Science -- bringing in lectures from USF/FSU/UF/etc to speak on math/science topics. Kids too.
3104 North Armenia Ave Suite 2 Tampa Florida 33607 @coworktampa facebook.com/coworktampa1) What Benefit does your Org provide for Startups? CoWorkTampa allows independent workers a place to build their business w/ access to private offices, meeting room, audio/video & smart peeps 2) Why Entrepreneurs Would Utilize Your Services? Our price to value ratio is unprecedented. The networking, events, classes, relationships, startup services and coffee, its a no-brainer Designed by
Other Co-Working Space• Kevin Bupp on Gulf to Bay in Clearwater• WAVE• TBIC in Largo• DESKTIME.com
BENEFITS: Building Technology CompaniesSince 2003, the Innovation Center has brought advice, mentoring andassistance from accomplished experienced founders and other businessprofessionals to our clients. Services include:Mentor’s Corner: clients of the Innovation Center are provided accessto professional advice and consultation each month in our Launch Lab™.Incubation Services: provides clients with an assigned mentor,professional staff, educational opportunities, networking, and resources tohelp you develop an executable business plan.Accelerator Services: provides access to networks, experts,international markets, dedicated space, industry peers, market research,service providers, university support systems and funding.
Entrepreneurs’ Hub Supports the Innovation CommunityDedicated to developing entrepreneurship and venture activity withprograms that combine topical forums with networking opportunities.Entrepreneurs’ Hub includes:Visit ehub.tbinnovates.com, a social network.Launch Lab™: a dedicated co-working space forinnovators, freelancers, independent contractors,telecommuters, designers and developers in Largo.
The SEI Alliance is composed of programs, organizations,students, faculty, community entrepreneurs and supporterscommitted to building a community of successful, visionaryentrepreneurs dedicated to making a positive impact in ourcommunity.
The SEI Alliance partners business students with Tampa Bay entrepreneurs. The results have been remarkable, with students stepping out with new businesses while learning from the very best.Learn more at seialliance.com.
GAZELLE LAB .com You receive: A mentor-driven, three- 1. Immediate visibility month, seed-stage 2. Seed funding investment program in 3. Advice and mentoring Tampa Bay, Florida 4. Partner, customer and investor connections 5. Over $85,000 in free perks offered from over 25 of the best vendors in the world
Startup Weekend Tampa- Anyone interested in building a business -entrepreneurs, startup enthusiasts, developers,designers, marketing gurus - come together over thecourse of a weekend to share ideas, form teams, andlaunch a startup in 54 hours!tampa.startupweekend.org
Microsoft – tech giant with offices and meetingsrooms on Mariner Point off Kennedy – are gracioushosts and supporters of the Tampa Bay Techcommunity.Code Camps throughout FloridaLots of Microsoft User Groups
Q: What Benefit does WAVE provide for theBarCamp community, Startups, Techies?A: WaVE provides peer mentoring, criticalresources and practical advice forentrepreneurs.Q: Why would Entrepreneurs/ Freelancers/Techies Utilize Your Services?“Ambitious entrepreneurs can find the Contentexperienced help they need.” Community Collaboration
About“The Tampa Bay Technology Forum services thetechnology community by providing a series ofprograms and events to advance the industry in thearea. We believe that the technology communityholds the key to rapid economic advancement inour region..“Today our primary mission is to impactunemployment in the area.” –Heather Kenyon, President & CEO of TBTF
Benefits for start-ups• Educational forums that bring technology and business leaders together (Networking)• Business development opportunities through events, sponsorships, and advertising. (Events)• Gain industry knowledge and stay up to date on trends through education, professional dev.• Connect: through TBTF’s online community and social media groups.
• The Florida Venture Forum is a not for profit that assists entrepreneurs in their quest for funding.• massive database of resources to assist with networking opportunities with funding sources.• Florida based entrepreneurs have previously obtained funding to the tune of $2.6 Billion dollars.• We further assist the selected companies with coaching and program education.• Collegiate biz plan competition,• Early Stage Conference• Later Stage Conference.
• 2012 Florida Venture Forum Early Stage Capital Conference on May 10, 2012• The principle purpose of the Annual Conference is to showcase approximately 10-12 early stage, high growth private companies before a national audience of venture capitalists, angel investors, private equity investors and investment bankers.
The 2nd Annual10/100/1000 ChallengeTen great ideas,one $1,000 winner – and100 ways you can help.
Tampa Bay Times, Creative Loafing, 83 Degrees Media,Gulf Coast Biz Review.net, Tampa Tribune/TBO, TBBJ, BABM. Radio?
We need the government entities – on both sides of the Bay – to work in unison.City, County, ECD, State.
• There’s a lot of talent here.• Hope this demonstrates that there is assistance and a community here too.• Congrats to BumperCrop for 2nd place in 2012!
• Southeast Entrepreneurship Conference (SEEC) is a conference that will allow students to engage in networking opportunities with students and business professionals from across the nation.• http://www.seectampa.org
Health Camps -http://healthcamporlando.orghttp://healthcampflorida.org
Tampa Bay and GraphicDesign Meet Up TampaFor under 35:• AD2 Tampa Bay• Emerge Tampa Bay
• Tonight, Android Meetup• Tonight, Tampa Bloggers & Internet Marketing• Thurs., Geek Breakfast @ Jimbo’s BBQ on Kennedy at 7:30 AM• Thurs, Tampa SEO Meetup• March 29 - What we learned at PyCon 2012 @ Python Meetup Group at MOSI at 6 PM• April 4 - Coworking Fiesta @ WAVE w/Food Truck Fiesta• April 6 - Drupal CoWorking Day• Tampa Bay Startup Digest or http://tampabaytechevents.com/
• http://tampabaymakerfaire.com/about/• What: Tampa Bay Mini Maker Faire• When: Saturday, March 31, 2012• Where: University Area Community Center Complex• A Maker Faire is place where we celebrate the processes of learning and doing, and where we share our discoveries, curiosities, inventions, innovations and ideas as inquisitive, explorative amateurs.
• http://tampabaybusinessowners.org• Used to be the Wealth Annex.• Master Mind Group• Networking• Monthly speakers• Monthly dues
• Front-End Design Conference – June 8th & 9th in St. Petersburg, FL• http://frontenddesignconference.com/• LessMoney Conference:• 2-day event, 50 people learn & discuss how to become a more profitable, less stressful business owner or freelancer.• Tampa, Florida - June 6th & 7th• http://lessmoney.lesseverything.com/