Be the first to like this
Interactive transcripts provide text that is time-synchronized with the media. The words of the transcript are highlighted as they are spoken, and allow the viewer to initiate actions such as search or jumping to specific segments. The interactive transcript lives outside the media player as opposed to being viewed as an overlay of the video (as captions are).
Interactive transcripts have numerous benefits:
- Content becomes searchable and navigable
- Enhanced user engagement
- Content distribution (ability to quickly share exact segments)
- Accessible for hearing impaired viewers
- Flexibility to view anywhere, such as noisy environments or offices
- Used as a source for translation
Follow the slides above to learn how to set up your own interactive transcripts through 3Play Media.
Josh Miller | Co-Founder, 3Play Media
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.