New FCC regulations require video programming that is captioned on TV to also be captioned when distributed on the Internet. In this webinar, Netflix and Entertainment Merchants Association discuss the new and upcoming legal requirements, best practices, and standards for closed captioning entertainment and media content. The topics covered are:
- FCC regulations for TV and film content distributed on the Internet
- Which entities and types of programming are affected? Which are exempt?
- How to petition for an exemption?
- Standards for captioning and subtitling
- FCC’s guidance on caption quality, video clips, and end-user control
- Best practices for caption formats, certifications, frame rate, styling, and onscreen placement
Video Engineer | Netflix
VP, Public Affairs | Entertainment Merchants Assoc.
Josh Miller (Moderator)
Co-Founder | 3Play Media
Operations Manager | 3Play Media
Tole Khesin (Moderator)
VP, Marketing | 3Play Media