1. Med Group Monthly Matters Page |1 Med Group Monthly Matters 375th Medical Group ∙ Scott AFB, IL ∙ Vol 4, Issue 3 ∙ Mar 2013 Have Info to Submit? Contact us at: email@example.com Scott AFB Airman & Family Readiness Center (A&FRC) 404 W. Martin St., Building #1650 Office Hours: Mon–Fri, 7:30am–4:30pm (618)256-8668 / DSN 576-6766 Website Twitter Facebook Blog Email LinkedIn Scott AFB has many great activities for you and your family. It’s our hope that *Registration is required for ALL this newsletter connects you to new A&FRC workshops & events opportunities. Have a Merry March! . 375 Medical Group Key Spouse Roster Do you know your Key Spouse? We’re here for YOU! Squadron Key Spouse Phone # Email 375 DS Aileen Boone (618)726-7245 firstname.lastname@example.org 375 MDSS Stephanie Wu (502)773-5014 email@example.com 375 AMDS Miranda Cornett (618)795-5358 keyspouse_375AMDS@yahoo.com Rebecca Ehrenfried (843)991-5395 firstname.lastname@example.org 375 MDOS Connie Schroth (618)795-9854 email@example.com
2. Med Group Monthly Matters Page |2 Spouse Clubs to Combine! Both Clubs had the vote in February on whether or not to combine. Both OSC & ESC voted to combine the clubs. Results are below. We are pressing forward with applications for the Scott Spouses Club 2013-2014. You willfind board position descriptions and job applications at Scott OSC Board Positions & Applications. Thank you for your willingness to see this club continue to improve and move forward next year! Vote Results: OSC, 194 members (quorum=99), Yes-54, No-39, Abstain-21 ESC, 31 members (quorum=8), Yes-13, No-0, Abstain-0 Stephanie Price Parliamentarian, SOSC Scott Officers’ Spouse Club (OSC) Events Website Facebook Newsletter (sign up for OSC newsletter here: http://bit.ly/YxJSkM)March Social*: Mad Hatter Tea Party on March 13th at 10:00am the Scott Club. Invite to be emailed to members.April Social*: BLINGO on April 11th at 6:30pm at the Scott Club. Invite to be emailed to members.Trivia Night! March 2nd at Katy Cavins Community Center in O’Fallon. See event flyer on next page!!March Board of Governors’ Meeting: March 6th at 9:30am-11:00am. Held at the Student Union.Mini Clubs: Lots of weekly social opportunities. Find one that suits you! http://www.scottosc.com/mini-clubs/*= to attend the socials, OSC membership is required, but your 1st visit is FREE! To apply for membership, visit Scott OSC Membership. We’d love to have you! Scott Enlisted Spouse Club (ESC) Events Website FacebookLunch Bunch: This is a great casual way to make new friends! As always children are welcome. Please invite a friend! This is a mini club which doesnt require membership. Our next Lunch Bunch will be at: Chilis Grill & Bar, 6311 N Illinois St, Fairview Heights, IL 62208, (618) 398-9805. POC: Melanie Davis, Scott ESC Social Chair, 321-745-5528. See the Facebook invite: http://on.fb.me/YRXYj5.To Place Membership with the ESC: Visit the ESC Website membership page. Scott AFB March Calendars & Links 375 FSS Outdoor Recreation A&FRC Scott Club Arts & Crafts Youth Center Cardinal Creek Golf Course Stars & Strikes Bowling Center Family Child Care Pronto Pizza HAWC Aerobics (running path map: http://bit.ly/11ouzln) James Sport Center Information, Tickets & Travel Student Union Café
3. Med Group Monthly Matters Page |3 This Saturday March 2nd at Katy Cavins Community Center in O’Fallon. Doors open at 5:30PM – Trivia begins at 7:00PM. Please take part by becoming a sponsor and help us reach our goal of $5,000! Download our sponsor letter for more details. There are only 3 tables & 6 seats left! Call Michelle at (706)573-0493 to make a reservation. . Event Website: http://bit.ly/VTELw6 Event Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/VTEF7G
4. Med Group Monthly Matters Page |4 March Events Scholarship Opportunities – Deadline March 1: The Scott Officers Spouses Charitable Association is pleased to announce we have funds available for the 2012-13 school year. These funds will be awarded to schools that are making a difference in the educational lives of military children. Scholarships: The SOSCA scholarship program recognizes outstanding military dependents in the Scott community by offering financial assistance for college towards a major of any choice. Family members of all ranks of active duty, retired, or deceased members of any branch of the U.S. Armed Services are encouraged to apply. Please visit our web site for policies, procedures, and eligibility. Pay special attention to the deadline of March 1st, 2013. www.scottosc.com First Friday @ the Club! Come enjoy First Friday on March 1 beginning at 3 p.m. at the Scott Club, complete with camaraderie, food, drink specials, entertainment and more! Event is FREE and OPEN TO ALL! Also enjoy our fabulous buffet, which is FREE for members, and Non-members are just $7. For more details, call the Scott 1 Club at 744-1333. Official Mail Center And EIM Helpdesk Hours Of Operation – March 1: The Official Mail Center and EIM Helpdesk will have the following hours of operation March 1, due to an official function. Open from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Please plan accordingly. If you have any questions, please contact Senior Master Sgt. Andres Silva @ 256-3235. MPS CLOSED – APR 1-5: The Military Personnel Section will be closed from April 1-5 to process/update MilPDS transactions and restore data integrity due to the MilPDS upgrade/shut-down from March 4-27. The Air Force Personnel Operations Agency will also migrate MilPDS to the Defense Information System Agency Defense Enterprise Computing Center. The MilPDS upgrade will improve system sustainability and reliability. Scott OSC/ESC Trivia Night: The SOSC and SESC invite you for a fun-filled 2013 Trivia Night and Silent Auction. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year; all proceeds going to scholarships and schools. You do not need to be a member of the OSC or ESC to participate; open to the public! It begins at 5:30pm at Katy Cavins Community Center, 308 East 5th Street, OFallon, IL 62269. $15/person or $100/table. Make a reservation with Michelle at (706)573-0493 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Trivia Night webpage for more info. Invite your friends!!! Way of Life Half Marathon: In observance of American Red Cross Month, the Fitness Center will be hosting the Way of Life Half Marathon on March 2 beginning at 7 a.m. The 13 mile Marathon will start and finish at the 2 Fitness Center pool parking lot. Awards will be given to the first place male and female paid finishers along with random prize drawings for all additional paid participants. Entry fee is $10 and includes a short sleeve t-shirt. A minimum of 25 participants are needed prior to noon Friday, March 1 to hold this event. All active duty, Reserve, Air National Guard, retirees, dependents and DOD civilians are eligible to participate. Note: All runs are free events unless the participant wishes to purchase a t-shirt and also be eligible for awards or prizes. For more information, call 256-1218.
5. Med Group Monthly Matters Page |5 High Adventure – Hidden Valley Ski Trip, March 2: Outdoor Recreation High Adventures will host their final day trip to Hidden Valley Ski Resort, near Eureka Mo., on March 2. This is a great trip for beginner skiers or for a more experienced skier to brush up on their skills while exploring the Missouri Ozark foothills. Snowboarding is also a favorite at Hidden Valley. Transportation is $12 and departs at 7:30 a.m., returning approximately at 6 p.m. Fees for snow passes, lifts, lessons, equipment etc. are payable to Hidden Valley and great military discounts are available. Lift packages and rentals are available for purchase at Hidden Valley. Note: Discount ski price for Active Duty Military only ($5 lift pass and $5 rentals). Discount does not apply to polar plunge. For more details, call ODR High Adventures at 256-1527/2067. Youth Pheasant Hunt: Join Outdoor Recreation on March 3 for a fun-filled Youth Pheasant Hunt at Quail Country Hunts in Mulberry Grove IL. Trip is open for kids 16 & under. The hunting package includes: transportation, experienced guides, top quality hunting dogs, easy walking tour, practice clay pigeon shoot, two pheasants (cleaned and bagged), free food, prizes, giveaways and a guaranteed good time all for just $54 per person!! (Parents attending as sponsors and not shooting pay $24.) The trip will depart at 7:30 a.m. and 3 return NLT than 5 p.m. the same day. Hunters must provide their own shotgun, 7 ½ inch shells and must have a current Illinois hunting license and FOID card. Children with no license must take Illinois Hunters Safety Course; however a temporary Illinois license can be obtained. Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Deadline to sign-up is March 1. For information, call 256-1527/2067 or visit www.375fss.com Basic ABC How to Fix My Bike Class: Always wanted to know how to fix a flat tire or simply adjust your seat properly on your bike? Then this is the class for you! The Squeaky Wheels Bike Shop at Outdoor Recreation will be offering a 4 hour Bicycle Maintenance Class on March 4 from 5-9 p.m. Class will cover basic bicycle repair to include; brake adjustments, shifter barrel adjustments, tube replacement, basic wheel truing and bicycle trouble shooting. Class fee is $32/person, which includes a Park Tool MTB-3 Rescue Tool Kit-22 Functions. Limited space is available, register by March 1. Must be 14 years and up to participate, and anyone between the ages of 14 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult (assisting adult does not pay for class). To register, contact Outdoor Recreation at 256-2067/1527 or online at www.375fss.com Kids Klub: Parents bring your children to the Scott Club on Monday, March 4 from 5-7 p.m. for Kids Klub. Enjoy music, dancing, contests, a great meal, and more. Also, children will receive interactive books (supplies limited). Members pay $6.95 and kids 12 & under are free. Non-members pay $8.95, non-member children ages 6-12 are $5.95 and ages 5 & under are $2.95. For more details, contact Missi at the Club at 744-1333. How to Avoid Falling For a Jerk-Jerkette – March 4: The Youth Center will host a day teach teens ages 13-18 4 about health relationships March 4. For more information or to register contact, Amanda Pinkham. st UPCOMING FURLOUGH TOWN HALL MEETINGS – MARCH 4, 5, 8, 11: If sequestration is enacted March 1 , the 375 AMW Civilian Personnel Office will conduct town hall meetings to explain the details of the administrative furlough, how it will impact our civilian workforce, and answer questions. Informational meetings will be held at the base theater: March 4, 8, and 11 from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 2- 3:30 p.m. and March 5 from 3- 4:30 p.m. Questions can be sent in advance to Civilian Personnel at 375FSS.FSMC@US.AF.MIL MUNITIONS FLIGHT CONDUCTING INVENTORY – MARCH 4-8: The 375th Logistics Readiness Squadron Munitions Flight will be conducting a 100 percent semi-annual inventory March 4-8. Only emergency issues will be processed. For more information call Munitions Operations at 618-256-8443/6548. PARKING/SIDEWALK CLOSURE – MARCH 4-8: American Water is working on their pipes and will move their equipment into the parking alcove in front of Bldg. 1600, off of Scott Dr. March 4. This will reduce available parking by approximately 5 spaces. Equipment will be staged there through approximately March 8. Chamorro Organization Meeting - March 7: The National Organization of Chamorro Veterans in America (NOCVA) organization will host their first lunch meeting on March 7 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Prontos. 7 To register, contact Maria Vinup, NOCVA Regional Representation for Illinois and Missouri, at 618-622-9337 or 229-2540.
6. Med Group Monthly Matters Page |6 Chapel-Sponsored Clergy/Religious Leaders Appreciation Day Rescheduled – March 7: The Scott Chapel will host "Ministering to the Military Member: Our Partnership in Faith" Clergy/Religious Leaders Appreciation Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Scott Club March 7. Team Scott members are also invited to attend with their clergy/religious leader(s). Please see the e-invite at http://bit.ly/126w2hw. For more information contact the base chapel at 256-3303. Scott ESC Lunch Bunch: This is a great casual way to make new friends! As always children are welcome. Please invite a friend! This is a mini club which doesnt require membership. Our next Lunch Bunch will be at: Chilis Grill & Bar, 6311 N Illinois St, Fairview Heights, IL 62208, (618) 398-9805. POC: Melanie Davis, Scott ESC Social Chair, 321-745-5528. See the Facebook invite: http://on.fb.me/YRXYj5 th Spring Break Party at the Lake: Come one, come all to the 375 Air Mobility Wing Spring Break Party at the Lake on Friday, March 8 at Scott Lake. Bring your own cooler, food, lawn chair and enjoy a bonfire and camaraderie. The fun will begin at 5p.m. and is open to active duty, civilians, retirees, and family members. For safety reasons, no "roasting" of food will be permitted. We hope to see you there. For more info, call 256-4373. SMSGT. Promotion Party – March 8: The Scott Club will host the SMSgt. Promotion party March 8 at 3p.m. to congratulate the newly selected Senior Master Sergeant Selects. Contact POCs Senior Master Sgt. Jacqueline Bell at 618-229-8506 or Senior Master Sgt. Kari Skaggs at 618-229-6783 for more information. 8 Foodie Friday Cooking Class - March 8: In honor of Military Saves week and National Heart Healthy Month, The HAWC and Airman and Family Readiness Center will offer a cooking class March 8 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The class participants, new to cooking or not, will learn how to prepare three recipes along with tips for meal planning, grocery shopping and how to be budget friendly. Call the HAWC or A&FRC for more information or to enroll. 2013 Women Of Faith Conference – March 8-9: The 2013 Women of Faith Conference, "Celebrate What Matters: Up Close" will be held at Grace Church in Maryland Heights March 8 from 5:15 p.m. to 11 p.m. and March 9 from 7:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The base chapel is sponsoring a trip to the conference for only $10 (normally $81); registration ends Feb. 22 at 12 p.m. You may attend either one session or both. Lunch and childcare are not included. Please contact Chap. (Capt) Krista Ingram at 256-3303 or email@example.com for information and to register. Spring Craft Fair: Get those creative hands working and sign-up for Outdoor Recreation’s Spring Craft Fair! Come out and sell your homemade crafts, goodies and gifts for the Easter season on Saturday, March 9, from 9 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Rockwell Hall (Pronto Pizza). There will be something for everyone. Cost to display and sell items is $30, which includes one six foot table and 2 chairs. Registration will be taken online until March 6 at 2013 Spring/Easter Craft Fair. For complete details, call Outdoor Recreation at 256-1527. Sunday Brunch: Join us at the Scott Club for our fabulous Sunday Brunch from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Enjoy our delicious breakfast and lunch items, as well as our complimentary bar featuring mimosa’s, bloody mary’s and 10 more. Walk-ins welcome, reservations suggested. *Note: Pre-paid reservations required for special brunch events. For pricing and more details, call the Scott Club at 744-1333. Fundraiser at Papa Murphys: Support the FIRST EVER Miss Amazing Pageant for special needs young women in Illinois. Join us at Papa Murphy’s in Edwardsville, IL on Monday, March 11 from 10am-8pm. Mention the Miss Amazing Pageant when you order and 30% will be donated to the IL Miss Amazing Pageant. 11 Airman Enhancement Program – March 11–14: The Enlisted Professional Enhancement Center will be holding an Airman Enhancement Program Mar. 11-14 in Bldg. 1948 room 140. This course is designed for those Airmen who completed FTAC more than six months ago and have not yet been to ALS. For more information or to register go to http://1.usa.gov/ZBPsWi or contact the Team Scott Career Assistance Advisor at 256-5296. EFMP/Special Needs “Moving with an IEP (Individualized Education Plan)”: Join Military OneSource for a webinar: “Moving with an IEP.” Tuesday, March 12, at 9am CST: Webinar Registration. This webinar addresses 12 common concerns that military families face when moving with a child who has an IEP. It explains the meaning of “comparable” services, what steps the new school will take when a child enrolls with an IEP, and options available if parents, schools and other providers disagree on services.
7. Med Group Monthly Matters Page |7 Womens History Month – March 12: The Womens History Month committee meeting will be held March 12 at 11:30 a.m. The Guest Speaker will be Lieutenant General Kathleen M. Gainey, U.S. Transportation Command deputy commander. R.S.V.P. by March 12 by contacting Lisa Fister at 618-220-5157. Bicycling And Pedestrian Commuter Study – March 12: If you are interested in learning about alternative transportation to the base, then come to the Bicycling and Pedestrian Commuter Study March 12 from 5 - 7 p.m. at Mascoutah City Hall, and then March 13 from 4:30- 6 p.m. Shiloh Senior Center and from 6:30 - 8 p.m. at the OFallon City Hall. For questions or concerns contact Meghan Riechmann at 618-566-4451. Involved Parents Association - March 12: The Involved Parents Association will host a meeting at the Prontos Pizza meeting room March 12 at 11:30 a.m. Directors and representatives from all programs attend and are also looking for candidates for positions (Pres,Treas, FCC Program Rep) email TeamScott.IPA@gmail.com Blood Drive - March 13: The American Red Cross will host the next Blood Drive on March 12 at Rockwell Hall from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free Food will be provided. For eligibility check, http://bit.ly/VoCpV4. Appointments are 13 highly recommended; however, walk-ins are available. Please call SAFB Red Cross Office at 618-256-1855 or visit www.redcrossblood.org (Enter Sponsor Code: SAFB) to make an appointment. Please bring your photo ID. EFMP/Special Needs “Moving with an IEP (Individualized Education Plan)”: Join Military OneSource for a webinar: “Moving with an IEP.” Thursday, March 14, at 5pm CST: Webinar Registration. This webinar addresses 14 common concerns that military families face when moving with a child who has an IEP. It explains the meaning of “comparable” services, what steps the new school will take when a child enrolls with an IEP, and options available if parents, schools and other providers disagree on services. St. Patrick’s Mid-Month Entertainment at the Scott Club. For more details, call the Scott Club at 744-1333. St. Patrick’s Dinner Trip with ITT: Join Information, Tickets and Travel for a St. Patrick’s Day Dinner on March 15. Dine (your cost) with us at The Dubliner, an authentic European Gastropub serving Irish inspired food, located in downtown St. Louis. Space is limited. Buses will load at 6:30 p.m. in the ITT parking lot departing 15 shortly thereafter. Cost is $12/person, which includes transportation only. Must be 18 years old. Sign-up today, deadline for reservations is March 12. For details, call ITT at 256-5919. Wearing of the Green Pre-Teen Dance: Join the Youth Center for their Wearing of the Green Pre-Teen Dance on March 15 from 7 to 9 p.m. Youth, ages 9 to 12, are invited to attend. Entrance fee: $2 Members, $3 Non- members. For more details, call the Youth Center at 256-5139. St. Patrick’s Day Golf Tournament: Cardinal Creek Golf Course will be hosting their St. Patrick’s Day Golf Tournament on Saturday, March 16. This tournament is 4-person scramble with a shotgun start at 10 a.m. Fee is $45 per person or $35 per person for Birdie/Par members and $30 per person for Eagle members. Fee includes greens fees, cart, range balls, a traditional Irish dinner, pro shop prizes (cash, gift cards & merchandise) & beverages. For more information, call the Cardinal Creek Golf Course at 744-1400. March Madness Shoot-Out for youth and adults at the James Sport Center. For more info, call 256-7139. Teen Summit: Join the Youth Center for their Annual Teen Summit on March 16 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Topics will include Teen Resiliency, Goal Setting, Healthy Relationships and more. Event is open to teens ages 12 and 16 up, and is FREE! Space is limited, sign-up today! Call the Youth Center at 256-5139. Youth/Adult Bowling Tournament at the Stars & Strikes Bowling Center. For more information, call 256-4054. Winter Wilderness Day Hike & Caving with Outdoor Recreation: http://bit.ly/XJan7O Base-Wide Yard Sale: Sign up to sell items on March 16, 8am-12pm, held inside Rockwell Hall. Cost is $15 which includes 1 table, 2 chairs, set-up/break-down of display... all profits yours. Deadline for sign-ups is at noon March. 15. Reservations can be made online at www.375fss.com, over the phone or in person. Full refunds given with a 48-hr cancellation notification or if the staff cancels the sale. For more info, call 256-2067.
8. Med Group Monthly Matters Page |8 17 Happy St. Patrick’s Day! DMV at the Scott Club. Stop by or call the Scott Club for more details, 744-1333. th St. Louis’ Largest MILITARY Employment / Hiring Event: Wednesday, March 20 at Machinists’ Hall, 12365 St. Charles Rock Rd., Bridgeton, MO 63044. Event has 100 military-friendly employer exhibits and 500 job & career opportunities. For more information, contact Brandy Scheer, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (636)778-3449. Basics of Rock Climbing Clinic: The Scott AFB Outdoor Adventure Program presents a “Basics of Rock Climbing Clinic” with Jon Richards of Vertical Limits on March 20 from 7 to 9 p.m. at Outdoor Recreation. Mr. Richards is 20 a professional climber and a certified American Mountain Guide with over 20 years of climbing experience. Mr. Richards has climbed in North and South America and is considered an expert in the sport of climbing. The clinic will cover basic rope and belay skills and proper equipment such as belay devices, carabiners, harnesses, helmets and shoes. *NOTE: This clinic is in preparation of a scheduled rock climbing trip to Jackson Falls in the Shawnee Natl. Forest on April 6. All clinic participants will receive a $10 voucher for that trip. Clinic and climbing trips are open to ages 8 and above. Cost is $10/person. Adventure is limited to 14 participants, reservations are required. Teen Council/Keystone at the Youth Center. For more info, call the Youth Center at 256-5139. Cat in the Hat Crazy Hat Night at the Library CMSAF Bud Andrews Airman Leadership School Graduation Ceremony: You have been invited to the CMSAF Bud Andrews Airman Leadership School Graduation Ceremony for Class 12-A March 21. Please show your support for our future leaders and supervisors and thank you for supporting PME. View invitation: 21 http://bit.ly/ZJPOxU Scott Geobase Map Viewer Training – MARCH 21: A class is being offered on the use of the Scott AFB GeoBase Map Viewer an interactive mapping tool available to the Scott AFB community. Classes will be conducted on the third Thursday of every month beginning March 21 from 8 - 11 a.m. in Bldg. 1635. St. Genevieve Winery Tour: Come with Outdoor Recreation on an early spring get-a-way to the St. Genevieve Wine District in Missouri on March 23. Enjoy a private tasting at Cave Winery, and visit the only wine cave in Missouri. Enjoy lunch at fabulous Crown Valley Winery (your cost), and visit a wine resort at Chaumette Vineyards. Afterwards, take a stroll along the quaint tree lined streets of St. Genevieve, an authentic French 23 Creole Village. Please bring snacks, water and walking shoes. Reservations are required, seating is limited. Open to ages 21 and up. Cost is $25/person. Buses will depart at 8:30 a.m., returning around 6 p.m. For more details, visit www.facebook/ScottODR or call 256-2067/1527. Trip strenuous level rated 2 out of 5 (some walking required). Chick-fil-A at Fairview Heights Military Appreciation Nights! On the Last Monday of Every Month we will be 25 honoring those who serve or have served and their families. Dine in 5pm-8pm on the last Monday of the month and your Meal will be on us! THANK YOU ALL!! http://on.fb.me/YRQxZ3 Dining Out to Schlafly Tap Room: Spring is just around the corner and what better way to ring in the new season than with a sampling of Schlafly Brewerys award winning selection of handcrafted microbrews. Schlafly Tap Room serves up tasty pub fare with classic American and European dishes. Winner of the River Front 27 Times Best Brew pub in St. Louis and Top 100 Restaurants in St. Louis. Bring your best buddies and come along as we explore this classic St. Louis eatery on March 27. Open to ages 21 and up. Reservations are required. Cost is $10/person. Buses depart at 6 p.m., returning around 9 p.m. For more details, visitwww.facebook/ScottODR or call 256-2067/1527.
9. Med Group Monthly Matters Page |9Base Tax Center Open – Through Apr 15: The Base Tax is now open through April 15. Tax preparation services will be limited to1040s, Schedules A and B, and Illinois/Missouri state returns. The Tax Center is located at Pronto Pizza (on the corner of WardDrive and Martin Street) and is open Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Active duty military and spousesonly. Priority given to E-1 through E-4. To schedule an appointment, please call 256-1040 or email us atScott.Taxcenter@us.af.mil.PCSing? Check out Military OneSource “Plan My Move”: Take charge of your PCS move. Plan My Move provides you with accessto information about your entitlements and benefits, to points of contact, checklists, planning tools, and information on educationand employment. Plan My Move will put you and your family in charge of a smooth relocation to your new duty assignment. Fillin the following information about your move, click "Get Moving" and we will get started. If your new assignment cannot befound, select a nearby installation. Plan My Move gives you the option of storing the entries below plus it allows for creating acustom plan and calendar designed just for you and your family. Begin customization by creating an account. With a customplan, you dont have to reenter your information each time you return. You just sign-in and get to work!Air Force Times via Military Times: Be entered for a chance to win a TRX Force workout kit by taking our annual MilitaryTimes Poll! Vote here: http://bit.ly/118aMlvScott AFB Job Fair: 2013 U.S. Chamber of Commerce “Hiring Our Heroes” Veterans Event. Join us April 19, 2013 from 10am-1pmfor a job fair for veteran job seekers, active duty military members, guard and reserve members, and military spouses at TheRegency Conference Center, 400 Regency Park, O’Fallon, IL 62269. This event will be a one-of-a-kind FREE hiring fair for bothemployers and job seekers. Register online at Hiring Our Heroes - OFallon, IL. For registration questions, please contact us email@example.com or call (202)463-5807.24 Hour Fitness Center Access: Effective Feb. 15, 2013, the Fitness Center, Bldg P-6, will begin 24 hour Fitness Center access.Current operating hours will remain the same. During the closed hours; Active Duty personnel or Guard/Reserve personnel onactive duty orders and active duty dependents, 18 years old and over can gain access to the Fitness Center. Those requiringafterhours access must bring a Statement of Understanding (SOU) to the Fitness Center and have their CAC or Dependent IDscanned into the system. Active Duty and Guard/Reserve personnel on active duty granted access may enter the facilityunaccompanied but dependents granted access must be accompanied by another authorized user (active duty or dependent).The 24 hour Policy and SOU are available at www.375fss.com, so please bring a printed and signed copy to the front desk. Formore information, please contact the Fitness Center at 256-1218.Roman Catholic Stations Of The Cross/Fellowship: The Roman Catholic Stations of the Cross/Fellowship is held every Friday at5:15 p.m. at Chapel 1 during the season of Lent. For more information, please call the base chapel at 256-3303.2013 AF Club Membership Drive: Sign-up now for three months of free club membership, and win money instantly!! Everyonewho joins the Scott Club between Now through March 31, 2013 will automatically receive three months free dues, be enrolled inthe free cash back rewards program, and will win between $5 - $100 instantly upon application! Air Force Clubs offers membersnumerous free and inexpensive activities. The Military Free Cash rewards program is an outstanding benefit to members, earn upto 2% cash back on eligible purchases. Join now – the first three months are free on us! For complete details, call the Scott Clubat 744-1333.
10. Med Group Monthly Matters P a g e | 10Family Housing Residents: Housing is now able to email their monthly newsletter directly to all residents. The newsletter is alsoposted to their Facebook page each month at www.facebook.com/ScottFamilyHousing. They are in the process of updating theOne Call Now system which is a mass communication tool allowing them to inform residents of important notifications throughphone numbers and email addresses. They are excited to provide better communication avenues but these tools are only asuseful as the information on file. Please stop by the Leasing Center to update your phone numbers and email addresses, callthem at 746-4911, or email at Melinda.firstname.lastname@example.org “Joe to Go”: The Student Union Café has “Joe to Go” coffee totes available for $18 which is perfect for meetings or officegroups! Each tote holds 96 oz of coffee and comes with cups and condiments. Ideal for groups up to 10 people! Breakfastsandwiches and bagels with cream cheese are also available. Stop by today!Certified Instructors Needed: The Fitness Center is currently looking for Certified Aerobic Instructors to lead aerobic classes duringlunch time as well as evening hours. If interested, call 256-1218. The James Sports Center is also looking for Certified Cross-FitTrainers to lead a High Intensity Training Club. For more information, call 256-4524.ITT Tickets! Get all your tickets at ITT. They are currently selling tickets to the following events: Daytona 500, Professional BullRiders Series, Disney’s Phineas & Ferb Live, Disney on Ice Rockin Ever After, WWE Extreme Rules, War Horse, Million DollarQuartet, Rock of Ages, Anything Goes, Chorus Line, Peter Pan and more! Stop by ITT today, located in Bldg. 1650 for all youticket needs. For more information, call 256-5919.Chick-fil-A at Fairview Heights Military Appreciation Nights! On the Last Monday of Every Month we will be honoring those whoserve or have served and their families. Dine in 5pm-8pm on the last Monday of the month and your Meal will be on us! THANKYOU ALL!! Source: http://on.fb.me/YRQxZ3Summer Camp for Tweens and Teens (w/Military Discount!): American Wanderer Summer Camp would like to invite military kidsfrom across the U.S. to explore our National Parks this summer! They offer unique 2 week camp sessions exploring over 34 Parksin Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming. Currently American Wanderer SummerCamp has openings available to middle & high school aged children (11-17) from all branches of the military and the CoastGuard. 2013 Offerings: Session 1 (June 25-July 8), Session II (July 9-July 22), Session III (July 23-August 5) & IV (August 6-19). Theyoffer a military discount. For more information, to register, or apply: www.AmericanWanderer.com. If interested please contactthe Owners/Directors Lyn & Chris Kimberly at: 203-557-3339 or email: Lyn@AmericanWanderer.com.Golf Annual Fee Packages: Spring is right around the corner! It’s time to dust off those golf clubs and get ready for another greatseason out at the Cardinal Creek Golf Course! New Annual Fee Packages will become effective starting April 1, 2013 and runthrough March 31, 2014 (new rates available in March). Rates vary by rank. Senior rates will be available for those 55 andolder. DoD employees are also welcome! For more information, call 744-1400.2013 AF Club Membership Drive: Sign-up now for three months of free club membership, and win money instantly!! Everyonewho joins the Scott Club between Now through March 31, 2013 will automatically receive three months free dues, be enrolled inthe free cash back rewards program, and will win between $5–$100 instantly upon application! Air Force Clubs offers membersnumerous free and inexpensive activities. The Military Free Cash rewards program is an outstanding benefit to members, earn upto 2% cash back on eligible purchases. Scott AFB Club Members can enjoy various benefits to include 10% Off at Many FSSFacilities, Members First Discounts, Football Fanatics Program, Theme Nights, Friday Social Hour & Snacks, Bar Bingo, FreeMonthly Brunch Winners, Free Membership Nights/Events, Scholarship Program, Cash Back Points, Free Lunch/Brunch inBirthday/Wedding Anniversary Month & MORE! Join now – the first three months are free on us! For complete details, call theScott Club at 744-1333.Lenten Pizza Special: Take advantage of the Lenten Pizza Special being offered at Pronto Pizza Feb. 13 – April 1. Get onemedium (12 inch) four topping pizza for only $7! Topping choices are mushrooms, black olives, green peppers, red onions,jalapeno and pineapple. For more information, call 256-3921.
11. Med Group Monthly Matters P a g e | 11NAF Resale Open: Check out what we have for sale at NAF Resale, located at Outdoor Recreation’s RV Storage Lot - Bldg 3286,on Wednesdays from 11a.m. to 1p.m. NAF Resale is set to be open March 6, 13, 20 & 27. Items can change weekly, and wenever know what we are going to receive for resale. Check us out online too at www.375fss.com. For more details, call OutdoorRecreation at 256-2067/1527.Pre-Separation Counseling – Every Thursday: The Airman and Family Readiness Center will host the Pre-separation Counselingevery Thursday. It is a mandatory benefits and entitlements briefing for all active duty service members who anticipate separatingin 1-yr or retiring in 2 years. Spouses are highly encouraged to attend.AMC Seeks 2013 Air Force Marathon Participants: The 17th annual United States Air Force Marathon will be held September 21,2013 at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. Air Mobility Command will again sponsor an active duty team comprised of bothmale and female runners representing various age groups who compete in the full marathon. Team members will be selectedbased upon submitted AF Form 303. The completed forms should be submitted through the Fitness Center by May 1,2013. Those selected will be notified by HQ AMC/A1 and placed on Permissive TDY for the marathon. In addition to the officialAMC competitive team, all others interested in competing in the Air Force Marathon are encouraged to do so at their ownexpense. Other events include a wheelchair division of the marathon (consisting of hand-cranked and push-rim divisions), halfmarathon, 10K, and 5K. The USAF Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10K are held on Sept. 21 and the 5K race is held on Sept. 20 atWright State University. Please visit the USAF Marathon website at www.usafmarathon.com or the Fitness Center for additionalinformation.Savannahs Soldiers: Savannahs Soldiers is a national letter writing campaign started by young singer songwriter SavannahMaddison. Savannah’s Soldiers is going to send letters to soldiers all year long until they come home. Click Here to Read Moreand to find out how you can participate.Scott AFB Thrift Shop: The Scott AFB Thrift Shop is a great way to turn a profit on gently-used clothing and household goods or agreat place to shop for new items at super low prices! Consigning is limited to active duty, reservists, retirees and theirdependents, and Civil Service members of Scott. Anyone may shop at the Thrift Shop. The Thrift Shop accepts cash or checks stonly; NO debit or credit cards. Open for business: Tues-Fri, and 1 Saturday from 10-2. Consignments accepted: Tues, Thurs, Fri, stand 1 Saturday from 10-12 (military in uniform until 12:30). The Thrift Shop is always in need of volunteers and donations ofbrown paper (grocery) bags. Address: Bldg #700 on Perimeter Road (Just past the Vet Clinic & across from the Resale Lot ), Scott AFB, IL Phone: (618)744-9441 | Email: email@example.com | Find out more at Scott AFB Thrift Shop thVolunteer Opportunity: Boy Scouts 4 Annual Aviation Merity Badge Workshop – March 16: The Lutheran Association onScouting will host its 4th Annual Aviation Merit Badge Workshop March 16 from 8:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Greater Space and AirMuseum at the St. Louis Downtown Airport. SAFB volunteers wanted from aviation or aviation-related career fields (pilots, crewchiefs, loadmasters, maintainers, flight nurses, etc.) to talk to the scouts about these career fields, education requirements anddaily duties. Volunteers will have the opportunity to speak during three sessions of about 90 minutes/session with about 40scouts/session. Free lunch provided. Open to all SAFB military members (all branches, all ranks, active, Guard , or Reserve.) Tovolunteer, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Delicioso Mexicana Buffet – Wednesdays: If you have been craving Mexican food, then the Cardinal Creek Golf Course Café is theplace to be! Every Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Café has an “All You Can Eat” Tex-Mex style buffet with all yourfavorites to choose from. The buffet offers tasty flavors such as cheese enchiladas, Chicken Mix (zesty chicken blend), taco meat,tortillas, black beans, refried beans, Mexican rice, Mexican style vegetables, Queso/chips and cinnamon chips all for only$8.95. Feast On! Delicioso! For more information, call 744-1401.
12. Med Group Monthly Matters P a g e | 12 Newcomers / Freshly PCS’dWeekly Newcomers Orientation: Briefing & information on base & local area for new personnel. Spouses are encouraged to attend. Held every Tuesday at the A&FRC from 0730-1200.Spouse Link: An introduction for spouses to Scott AFB and military life. The day includes local information, a base tour, and lunch. Childcare reimbursement is available. Held on March 16 and July 18 at the A&FRC from 0800-1400.Get Your Move On: PCS workshop designed to provide information about entitlements, new locations and tips on a successful move. Held on February 15, April 19, May 17, and June 21 at the A&FRC from 0900-1130.DMV at the Scott Club: Need to renew your license plate stickers, but can’t make it to the DMV? Catch the Illinois Department of Motor Vehicles mobile unit at the Scott Club every 3rd Wednesday of the month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This DMV mobile unit offers basic vehicle services. The next date the mobile unit is scheduled to appear is March 20. Stop by or call the Scott Club for more details, 744-1333. Resources at the A&FRCDiscovery Center: Internet access, personal development, loan library, and other resources.Sponsor Training Online: http://apps.militaryonesource.mil/esatRelocating? www.militaryinstallations.dod.milLooking for Housing? www.AHRN.comNeed Employment? www.scottafrc.com Employment OpportunitiesNAF Summer Hire Employment: The NAF Human Resources Office (HRO) is looking to fill the following positions for the summer: Child and Youth Program Assistants, Food Service Workers (Youth Center); Laborers, Sales Clerks, Food Service Workers (Golf Course); Cashier-Checker, Recreation Aid (Lifeguard), Recreation Aid (Lead Lifeguard), Recreation Assistant (Swim Instructor), (Outdoor Recreation). Interested applicants should log onto www.nafjobs.org for more information and to submit an application. As a condition of employment, applicants will be required to satisfactory complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) and certain positions require the incumbent to undergo drug testing. The Department of the Air Force is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact the NAF HRO at 256-3831 with any questions.Admissions Representative at Martinsburg College: Martinsburg College is a Nationally Accredited College which provides performance oriented, skills-based educational programs, at certificate and Associate-degree levels utilizing distance education delivery. MC is currently looking for an Admissions Representative to cover the Scott Air Force Base region. This is a great opportunity for a Military Spouse! We have competitive starting salaries and great advancement opportunities. This is a recruitment position therefore I am looking for someone to conduct recruitment activities including conducting one-on-one recruitment, group presentations, community outreach, social networking and general networking within the Military Community. Admissions Representatives enjoy connecting with Military families and presenting information and educational benefits and MC distance training programs. The applicant must be outgoing, self-motivated and organized to run her area. She must have good computer skills and an office area to work from. The applicant also must have a car and active car insurance. My name is Zane Lasky and resumes should be sent to me at: email@example.com. My number is 323-314-0666. I look forward to hearing from you! ScholarshipsScholarship Finder at Military.com: http://aid.military.com/scholarship/search-for-scholarships.doScott AFB Library: they have many resources on scholarshipsScholarship Opportunities – Deadline March 1: The Scott Officers Spouses Charitable Association is pleased to announce we have funds available for the 2012-13 school year. These funds will be awarded to schools that are making a difference in the educational lives of military children. Scholarships: The SOSCA scholarship program recognizes outstanding military dependents in the Scott community by offering financial assistance for college towards a major of any choice. Family members of all ranks of active duty, retired, or deceased members of any branch of the U.S. Armed Services are encouraged to apply. Please visit our web site for policies, procedures, and eligibility. Pay special attention to the deadline of March 1st, 2013. www.scottosc.comScholarships for Military Children: Every commissary gives at least one scholarship. The scholarships of at least $1,500 per student are supported by the companies that sell goods to the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA). See Scholarships for Military Children.
13. Med Group Monthly Matters P a g e | 13Air Force Aid Society: The General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant Program gives grants to children of active duty Air Force members, as well as some Reservists and retirees. Grants are need-based. See Air Force Aid Society.College Scholarships & Grants: FastWeb.com and CollegeScholarships.org The 2013 Miss Amazing PageantMiss Amazing Pageant: Celebrating the abilities of girls and women with disabilities (ages 5-35). The mission of the Miss Amazing Pageant is to provide an opportunity for girls and young women with disabilities to build confidence and self-esteem in a supportive environment through the skills learned in pageantry. Visit MissAmazingPageant.comDress Drive for the Miss Amazing Pageant: Accepting dresses of all sizes, all colors and modest styles for all of our contestants and usherettes. Now through April 1, 2013. To donate, contact Mrs. Syndi Sills, State Director, IL Miss Amazing Pageant, (314)486-4195, firstname.lastname@example.org; OR contact Miss Alice Howe, Miss Amazing Committee Member, IL Miss Amazing Pageant, (618)746-4635, email@example.com.Volunteer for the Miss Amazing Pageant: A variety of volunteers are needed, including escorts. The escort experience will begin a approximately 4:30pm on April 21, 2013 and will end after the awards have been given out. All escorts are expected to wear evening attire (jacket and tie are recommended). Deadline to enter is March 1, 2013. To participate, email Syndi Sills at firstname.lastname@example.org. Summer Kid’s Camps2013 Military Kids Camp: While the weather outside today might not have you thinking of summer, weve got lots of great plans in the works for our Military Kids Camp! Registration is now open! What: Military Kids Camp Where: YMCA Camp Abe Lincoln near the Quad Cities, in Blue Grass, Iowa When: June 30 - July 5, 2013 Who: Military Children (Guard, Reserve, & Active Duty), ages 8-16 Register at: http://bit.ly/ZJM3seCamp Corral: Summer camp for military children our 4-H partner is hosting: What: Camp Corral Where: 4-H Memorial Camp near Monticello, Illinois When: July 7-12, 2013 Who: Military Children (Guard, Reserve & Active Duty), ages 8-15 (top priority given to children of our wounded & fallen) Register at: www.campcorral.orgFilm Festival: And last, were excited to share that our Military Teen Council members who met in January will be having some of their videography shown during April, the Month of the Military Child. Champaign Surplus is hosting this film festival and generously donating all proceeds from ticket sales to Illinois Operation: Military Kids. Plus, we get to highlight our own military teens. Were very excited and appreciative. If youre interested, tickets are available online at: www.bit.ly/CUmountainfilm What: Champaign Surplus presents Telluride Mountainfilm on Tour – Champaign-Urbana Where: The Art Theater in downtown Champaign When: Tuesday, April 7th, beginning at 7 p.m. Who: Everyone is invitedAll March Events: Have little ones who would enjoy an Egg Hunt? Our Illinois National Guard & Reserves Family Programs are offering several throughout Illinois during March. Visit http://bit.ly/ZJLxKQ to see a list of March events, including the Egg Hunts and who to contact to register for the one you are interested in.