An educational portfolio is a collection of
artifacts, evidence and reflection documenting
the candidate’s achievements over the course
of a teacher preparation program
◦ they develop a better understanding of their
personal teaching styles and views of the
Introduces Candidates to Hiring Committees
◦ hiring committee to become familiar with the
candidate as a person and a potential educator.
Provides Tangible Evidence of Skill
◦ physical evidence of the skills they say they possess
Demonstrates Organizational Skills
◦ Organized teachers are prized.
Allows for Easy Sharing of Credentials
◦ Can include all required documents of teacher