2. The spikesThe thorny devil’s spikes not onlyprovide water, but they also make thelizard deficit to eat.
3. Spikes for lifeMany reptiles that live in deserts don’tdrink much—they get the water theyneed from their food.
4. FeedingIt feeds exclusively on ants (favouritebeing small black ants), eating hugenumbers In a single meal it isestimated a Thorny Devil can eatbetween 600 and 3,000 ants! Theamazing fact is that they eat them oneat a time with its flicking sticky tongue,at a rate of up to 45 a minute.
5. Habitat & LocationThorny devils are found throughoutout Australias interior desert, mostlyon sandy soils Plant life in these areavaries from Spinifex to "Mallei"scrubland.
6. RestingAt night time Thorny Devils partly digsinto the soil to keep warmer Duringreally hot days, thorny devils digthemselves a shallow undergroundburrow sometimes under smallshrubs to provide extra protectionfrom the hot