1. SOCIAL MEDIA FOR FESTIVALSFirst steps on Twitter – Finding people to Follow
2. FIND SOME PEOPLE TO FOLLOW A few things you need to know before you follow anyone People will be more likely to follow you back if you have completed your Twitter Profile Don’t worry if people don’t follow you back immediately Everyone is different – so they make up their own rules about how many people to follow Don’t follow too many people too quickly as you will look as if you are “Spamming”
3. WOULD YOU FOLLOW THIS TWEETER?
4. OR THIS ONE?
5. OR THIS ONE?
6. LET’S START WITH THIS ONE
7. BUILD A FOLLOWING BY FOLLOWING Think about your interests, and then pick some key people in your area of interest to follow Look at who they’re following, and follow some of their friends If someone follows you, say hello! Strike up a conversation Don’t follow too many people too quickly Following/follower ratio 1:1 until you reach 2,000 Set aside a few minutes each day to find 5 – 10 new people to follow
8. DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO FOLLOW BACK? No, it’s up to you to decide Watch out for odd followers – you can block any you don’t like the look of Only follow people you want to hear from You can build lists of people WITHOUT following them
9. USING TWITTER SUGGESTIONS
10. THINK ABOUT YOUR FAVOURITE STARS
11. SEARCH FOR YOURSUPPLIERS/SUPPORTERS
12. USE ADVANCED SEARCH
13. OPERATORS FOR ADVANCED SEARCH
14. ADD YOURSELF TO TWITTER DIRECTORIES http://wefollow.com http://www.twellow.com/ http://justtweetit.com/
15. DIRECTORY SEARCH
16. WHERE CAN I GET HELP? https://support.twitter.com/ - there is extensive help text on the Twitter Help Center which should answer many of your questions https://support.twitter.com/groups/31-twitter- basics - this has links to all the basic information which you’ll need to get started
17. GET BUSY, GET SOCIAL •Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/SusanMcNaughton •Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Susan.McNaughton.Social.Media •Web: http://www.susanmcnaughton.com •LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/SusanMcNaughton