1. FRSA FLASH 17 May 2012Contents of this news letter are compiled from multiple military family news sources and local area event sources. Materialpresented does not represent the views or endorsement of the 2nd BSTB, 2 nd BCT or the Army. This material is for personal use by the readers. All readers are encouraged to do further research for all applicable restrictions and guidelines
2. May 18 and 19WatertownThompson Park Zoo ( http://nyszoo.org/)The Zoo is open 7 days a week from 10AM - 5PM.May 18 - Wild About Reading! (11AM - 11:30AM)May 19 - Animal Enrichment - Lynx (10AM - 11AM)May 19WatertownRun to the Sun5K, 10K, Half Marathon to benefit Heather A. Freeman Foundation (HAFF) for more details visitwww.haffblogspot.comMay 19WatertownArmed Forces Day Parade beginning at 10:00 AM from the Watertown High School parking lot, proceedingnorth on Washington Street to the reviewing stand in front of the Dulles State Office Building on to Stone Streetwhere units will disband. Contact Information: Stan Zaremba @ 315-785-0102 or KathleenMay 20Sackets HarborGREAT STRIDES WALK TO BENEFIT CYSTIC FIBROSIS Held @ Gazebo on W. Main Steet Starts @ 8amand ends 4pm Email: firstname.lastname@example.org MORE INFO Phone: 315-463-7965 - CRISTINA JARDINEMay 26Sackets HarborVILLAGE WIDE YARD SALE Phone: 315-783-2995 - BARB MCKEEVERMay 26Alexandria BayGrape Blossom Festival at Thousand Islands Winery from 12:00 - 8:00 PM http://www.thousandislandswinery.comWe will have a pig roast, beer, Thousand Islands Winery Wine, local craft vendors, and live music! Complimentarywine tastings and winery tours available! Don’t miss this fun for the whole family event!May 26 – June 24Sackets HarborSACKETS HARBOR 12TH ANNUAL SPRING ART SHOW Sackets Harbor Arts Gallery 119 West Main StreetOpen to the public Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 12:00-4:00pm. Free admission. The Arts Association ofNorthern New York invites you to come and enjoy the competitive artwork of our local and regional artists. Sevendivisions plus youth. Email: email@example.com MARSHA DEMING Phone: MARSHA DEMING - (315)785-9038 DONNA REPATY - (315) 777-2492 Links: http://www.aanny.orgMay 29Sackets HarborTHE WAR OF 1812 STORY FROM A CANADIAN PERSPECTIVESackets Harbor Battlefield State Historic Site Barn, Hill St., off West Washington St. Join the Sackets HarborBattlefield Alliance for their annual meeting with guest speaker MJ John Grodzinski from Kingstons Royal MilitaryCollege for his presentation at 7pm following the annual business meeting at 6pm. MJ Grodzinski teaches historyand writes extensively on military topics. Email: CONSTANCE.BARONE@OPRHP.STATE.NY.USPhone: 315-646-3634 - CONSTANCE BARONE Links: http://www.sacketsharborbattlefield.orghttp://www.sacketsharborny.com http://www.nysparks.com
3. May 30WatertownOpening Day Watertown Farm & Craft MarketDate: May 30, 2012 Time: 6:30 AM - 3:00 PMJune 16-17WatertownThompson Park ZooZOOM is coming back to the North Country! The Fast and the Furriest.Presented by the Car-Freshner Corporation and sponsored by Otis Technology, ZOOM is a car show like noother! This years event will be hosted at the New York State Zoo on June 16th and 17th and will feature big trucks,fast cars, sleek limos, smoking sports cars, giant dump trucks, fire trucks; all the hottest vehicles in one place!ZOOM has raffles, giveaways and kids games; plenty to do and see!This years highlights include the Highway Legends and a demonstration by the heroes of the Watertown FireDepartment as they perform a vehicle extraction right before your eyes!August 11WatertownThompson Park ZooBobcats, Bears and Brews - (21+ only)Taste test good food and different brews with a special evening view of the animals.
4. Safety Day Fair 2012 Civilian Organization Safety Fair Topics Environmental Conservation Victims Assistance Persons with disabilities agencies American Red Cross 24 May 2012 Chiropractic and Spinal Regeneration Firearms Safety at Magrath Gym Railroad Safety 0900-1500 Child and Traffic Safety Nutrition and Healthy lifestyles Green Cleaning Products Workplace Safety Practices Banking and Insurance Fort Drum Agency Topics Carthage Hospital Information FMWR Attractions Wildlife trade projects USO Information Fire Safety Physical therapy and balance testing Work zone safety Health Promotion and Preventive medicine Protective motorcycle riding gear Seatbelt convincer Organ, eye, and tissue donation Safety near roads and grounds work sites Eye Safety Bed Bug Awareness Maintenance Safety White water rafting Maternity, child, and family health Jefferson County STAR Distracted Driving Town of Webb and Enchanted Forest Water SafariCommand Safety OfficeM-10282 4th Armored Division DriveFort Drum, NY 13602Phone: 315-772-0310(DSN) 772-0310
5. CHECK OUT THE DRIVEINwww.baydrivein.comAdults (12 & over) $6Active duty military with ID $5Children 7-11 $2 and under 6 freeShowing this week:Cinema 1Battleship and The 5 Year EngagementCinema 2Dark Shadows and The Avengerswww.blackriverdrivein.comAdults (12 & over) $7Children 7-11 $2 and under 6 freeShowing this week:The Avengers and The Cabin in the Woods
6. Contents of this news letter are compiled from multiple military family news sources and local area event sources. Material presented does notrepresent the views or endorsement of the 2nd BSTB, 2 nd BCT or the Army. This material is for personal use by the readers. All readers areencouraged to do further research for all applicable restrictions and guidelines.