“ The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet ” Aristotle
63% of Hispanics do not have a high school diploma as compared to 21% of blacks and 11% percent of whites (36).
Higher EducationHigher Education is the education beyondhigh school, esp. at a college or university. It is the stage of learning that occursat universities, academies, colleges etc.At the end of a prescribed course of study, adegree, diploma, or certificate is awarded.
• The global economy isbecoming increasingly morecompetitive, and in order to give yourself the bestchance for a well-paying job, you must first understandthe importance of education
During my education I have faced manyobstacles and challenges that have helped me grow and develop into the person that I am today.
Challenges• Prior to coming to America I didn’t know any English whatsoever• I had to teach myself how to speak English by listening to the people around me• Over time I was able to understand bits and pieces, and I slowly began to get a grip on the English language
• By the time I was 14 I had finally learned how to hold a good conversation with the people around me• After I learned to speak English, the next obstacle I had to overcome was learning to read and write English• Over the next couple years of going to school I was able to become more educated in reading and writing
• At High School my freshmen year was a daily battle for me; between running 4 different events in track and keeping up with my studiesBoise State was a personal goal of mine since my junior year
• My senior year, May 2012 I received many offers from various colleges, but I was holding out for what in my mind was the best choice for the future of my education The day came where I was contacted by Boise Statethrough a letter requesting a sit down meeting with me My High School coach and I met with BSU headtrack coach, Coach Hardy, and he extended to me a welcome with a hand shake and a very good offer to run for his team complete with a scholarship.
• Finally, after all my hard work in school throughout the years, from Africa to Egypt to America, my blood sweat and tears had paid off. I was officially a Bronco and about to set off on a journey to continue a life time of education.
“ SO, THE PURPOSE OF ”HIGHER EDUCATION IS. . .
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT•Preparation for active citizenship in democratic societies•Developing and maintaining a broad, advancedknowledge base
To Help Students Find A Passion And Even A Purpose In Life.
Originally it was to give you a specialization in a certain academic area... something that was beyondtrade school and high school, now it ismore of a requirement for jobs that pay more than 20,000 a year.
To advance learning and knowledge through faculty research and by giving students the opportunity to broaden their minds even when learning does not seem immediately relevant to their careers
Higher Education consists of a series of enchantments, each raising theindividual to a higher level of awareness, understanding, andkinship with all living things.
It Helps Us To Achieve Real Success In Our Lives
“ If you dont have a great higher education system, youre not going to have the next eBay, the next AmGen, the next, you know, Miasole, and not only California but America is going to fall behind a whole new competitive context which is obviously ” China, India, and other countries.