Deﬁnición: Media Kit • Folder or package that contains promotional material and associated information about a film, product, conference, seminar, program, etc.• Package containing rate card, circulation data, audience statistics, and other information about an advertising vehicle.• Also called Media Pack or Press kit.
1. A brief company biography • This should be a one- or two-page summary of what you do and what makes you special.• It should be a quick reference guide to your organization and include your full company name, address and contact information, mission statement, organizational structure, products and services, locations, number of employees, and relevant financial information.
2. Audience Statistics • Also called Demographics• Information of the audience (Profile): gender, race, age, employment, location.• Provides enough information about the typical member or this group to creat a mental picture of this hypothetical aggregate.
3. Magazine • Detailed information about the editorial content.• How often is the magazine published?• How is distributed?• What are the special sections or themes planned for the year?
4. Rates • Includes the advertising rates by period.• Publications have standard frequency discounts on the rate card the ad rep gives you, but often the rep can give you an even better deal than the standard frequency discounts if you run your ad on a regular schedule and if the rep wants your business.
5. Samples • Also includes sample copies of the publication.• Could be print or inside the media kit as a graphic.