211info’s 2-1-1 service is in seven Oregon counties: Washington, Multnomah, Clackamas, Yamhill, Deschutes, Crook, and Jefferson. 211info’s coverage also extends to four Southwest Washington counties: Clark, Skamania, Wahkiakum and Cowlitz as part of Washington state’s 2-1-1 network.So you may be asking yourself, what about statewide coverage in Oregon? 211info is currently leading efforts to bring 2-1-1 statewide so that every Oregonian can have the great services Washington County residents enjoy….The goal is to bring statewide 211 coverage to Oregon by 2013. But 211info can’t do it alone…
So, what can we all do to help?Whether you or someone you know is interested in 2-1-1 because of need…Whether you are a service provider who just wants to save some time and have someone else deal with the hundreds of calls you receive that may not apply to your organization or …Whether you just want the whole community service system -- from emergency services to emergency food -- to work better…211info is an organization you should support!Please put your email address down on this sheet (sign up sheet provided) to sign up for 211info updates and you will hear from 211info shortly.
1. Connecting the people of Oregon and Southwest Washington with the community services they need<br />In strategic partnership with<br />
2. My kids need food, what do I do?<br />I’m freezing, where’s the nearest shelter?<br />Should I pay 1,000 for help with my mortgage?<br />Can they shut off electricity if I use a respirator?<br />
3. 3<br />
4. 211info helps eliminate the maze by cutting through the clutter and making it easier for Oregonians to get the help they need.<br />4<br />
5. 5<br />Calling 2-1-1<br /><ul><li> Just like 9-1-1 is the easy-to-remember phone number for emergencies, 2-1-1 is the number to call for answers to health and community service questions.
6. Calls are confidential, anonymous and FREE.
7. Callers’ situations are assessed and specific referrals provided
8. Telephone interpreters are available for help in more than 150 languages. </li></li></ul><li>6<br />We help people find:<br /><ul><li>Emergency food
9. Utility Assistance
13. Dental Assistance
14. Legal Assistance
15. Foreclosure assistance
16. And much more</li></li></ul><li>Last year, in all service areas, people turned to 211info more than 260,000 times through our phone lines and online resource database.<br />7<br />
17. Community Need<br />8<br />
18. 9<br />In times of emergency, with 2-1-1 ready to serve as a source of up-to-date, authoritative information, 9-1-1 dispatchers are able to focus on life-threatening situations.<br />
19. 10<br />2-1-1 allows human service professionals to quickly identify services available for their clients, so they can focus more of their time on achieving organizational goals. <br />
20. National 2-1-1 Network<br />
21. 12<br />
22. Online Database & Printed Directories<br />Check out our searchable online database listing over 4,200 programs (community, faith-based and government) throughout Oregon and SW Washington. <br />This is available to you at www.211info.org<br />Order a copy of 211info’s printed Resource Directory! Order online via Paypal at our website. <br />(Currently available for Multnomah and Clark County. Washington County-contact Community Action)<br />13<br />
23. 14<br />So, you know all about 211info – <br />NOW WHAT?<br />Sign up for email updates!<br />
24. Thank you!<br />Contact Melissa Crocker, Outreach Associate<br />Address: 621 SW Alder, Suite 810, Portland, OR 97205Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 503-416-2633<br />