What is mooc?
◦ Mooc is massive open online courses that are free and available for every student that
is able to access them.
◦ It is advantageous as it deals with one course at a time and is fast, fun and convenient
for every student to explore.
Hey! Have you head? There’s this
new mooc thing that you can get
online and it can really help you
enhance your studies!!
◦ Because it offers opportunities for learners from different backgrounds to interact learn
together and be able to solve problems together.
◦ Since mooc promotes great communication and collaborative work, this will enable
the learners that take part on mooc to be responsible citizens who will do their best in
the world of work.
◦ It is the next step to adapting to technology and change.
◦ It improves language and literacy skills.
◦ Promotes diversity, a sense of autonomy and liberation among learners.
◦ And lastly this is wher students can be free to ask questions that they aren’t free to
during the actual class.
Types of moocs.
◦C-moocs: a type of mooc designed or made for
the connection or to connect learners. It stands
for Connectivist MOOC.
◦X-moocs: X-MOOCs on the other hand are
typically offered by a university in partnership
with a profit organization. The X does not stand
for anything specific.
The history of mooc
◦Early MOOCs emphasized on open access for
online features, such as connectivism and open
licensing of content, structure, and learning
goals, to promote the reuse and remixing of
resources. some newer MOOCs use closed
licenses for their course materials, while
maintaining free access for students.
◦Mooc first appeared as an online distance
learning in the form of correspondence courses.
After these courses were now delivered or
promoted at the door step more people
stopped the traditional way of going to college
and enrolled for these courses.
Fields of interest and topics to persue
◦ The biology field seems interesting and has a variety of
topics that one can persue. For example Anatomy and
Physiology, Animal behavior and more.
◦ Art and art history also looks interesting specially coming
to photography itself, as a teacher one would not mind
to try it out.
◦ The study of religion would also bring a bit of
◦In conclusion mooc is specially designed to
stimulate young minds into being autonomous
and motivated enough to interact with others
through the internet.
◦It promotes great diversity and connection
between teachers and students that get
involved in distance learning.