• What does Instant messaging mean?• Types of Instant messaging.• What is Windows Live Messenger?• Features of Windows Live Messenger.• Users of Windows Live Messenger.• The benefits of Windows Live Messenger.• What are the disadvantages of Windows Live Messenger?• Why do people use Windows Live Messenger?• How to create an account or email to be able to use this tool?• How to install Windows Live Messenger? – Jing screen cams.• How to use Windows Live Messenger? - Video from YouTube.• Summary of Windows Live Messenger - Glogster.• References – YouTube video site, Glogster URL, Jing image shots.
Abbreviated IM, a type of communications service that enables you to create a kind ofprivate chat room with another individual in order to communicate in real time over theInternet, analogous to a telephone conversation but using text-based, not voice-based, communication. Typically, the instant messaging system alerts you wheneversomebody on your private list is online. You can then initiate a chat session with thatparticular individual.
• Yahoo Messenger• Skype• Google Talk• eBuddy• Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live™ Messenger, the next version of MSN® Messenger, is the world’slargest easy-to-use consumer instant messaging (IM) service that allows people toconnect with others in real time, expressing themselves in a rich, convenient and funway. There are many other reasons why people use Messenger. Users will be able toenjoy features they love, such as their contact list and emoticons, plus they will be ableto experience all the new things that Windows Live Messenger has to offer. WindowsLive Messenger is free to download and is available in 26 languages and is used bymany users in more than 60 countries by more than 240 million active accounts eachmonth. It has advantages as well as disadvantages. At the end of the presentation youwill learn how to create an email account, how to install MSN and how to use it.
• Emoticons • Alerts• Winks • Select contacts• Themes • Cordless phone and webcam designed for• Actions Windows Live Messenger.• Skins• Games• Status• Voice clips• Video calls• Sharing folders and information• Configuration• Offline instant messages
• Internet users.• Adults and children from any age group and any country.• People who have families and friends living abroad.
• chatting with your friends for a low price.• MSN also has its own webpages that dont talk only about chatting.• Easy to use.• MSN is free.• Meet new people.• MSN programs have different versions like Windows Messenger, Messenger 7.5, Windows Live Messenger.• you get a bunch of new smilies, new games, options to customize your layout, and lots of other cool stuff.• MSN is available in 26 languages and is used in more than 60 countries.
• You dont control who adds you to their own contact list.• Hackers can hack your email account.• Risky.• MSN can be addictive, so people stay for long hours on computer and harms their eyes.
• To stay in touch or in contact with their friends.• Save money.• Share folders.• Make video calls.• To entertain themselves.• To communicate with people.• To meet new people.• To share information and ideas.• To play multiplayer games with your friends.• To have group conversation about a specific topic.
Here are some steps to follow:1. Go to www.hotmail.com2. Click on sign up.3. Fill in the provided boxes with your information – create an email and a password of your own choice.4. After clicking the information, click the “I accept” button at the bottom of the page.5. Something will appear to show you that your email has been created and you are ready to use it.
1- Go to www.google.com2- Type “Download new windows LiveMessenger” and click search. Thenclick on one of the links that appear.
3- Click on Freedownload.4- A box willappear and thenclick on run.
5- Wait until it downloads,then click on install.6- After it is installed, anicon like this will appearin the desktop.7- Open the installed iconand follow the steps. Thenthe Windows LiveMessenger will bedownloaded successfullywith an icon on thedesktop.8- You can successfully useWindows Live Messengerand chat with your friends.
• How to install Windows Live Messenger: (Jing Screen Cam)• How to use Windows Live Messenger:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb-c6YIfs-o• Windows Live Messenger in general (Glogster)http://www.glogster.com/201014209/msn/g-6lu3ein1d1cmrr26ea0dls7• Cool features in Windows Live Messenger. (n.d). Retrieved November 24, 2011, from http://www.butterscotch.com/tutorial/Cool-Features-In-Windows-Live-Messenger• What is instant messaging? (2011). Retrieved November 24, 2011, from http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/instant_messaging.html• Windows Live Messenger: Windows Live Messenger, the next version of MSN Messenger. (n.d). Retrieved November 24, 2011, from http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/msn/factsheet/WLMessengerFS.mspx• Pau’s Blog: Advantages and Disadvantages of MSN.(2006). Retrieved November 24, 2011, from http://paui94.blogspot.com/2006/10/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-msn.html
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.