This presentation is part of a project that is required in COL 270. It's about Google, its history, its uses, tools and programs. Google has become very important in our daily lives, and this
This presentation is part of a project that is required in COL 270. It's about Google, its history, its uses, tools and programs. Google has become very important in our daily lives, and this presentation aims to prove that.
1. ALIA ALI 200903634
MARYAM OBAID 201012297
Google.com and Beyond
2. Purpose of the Presentation
In our present day, most people need the Google searching
engine to find the information they need. However, not
everyone knows that Google does not only help you find
specific information, but it also contains other tools that
can perform other specific tasks that would make
everyone’s lives much easier. From researchers to travelers,
everyone can benefit from Google because it contains tools
such as maps, mail box, Google Earth and Google Chrome.
• History of Google.
• Who uses Google.
• Google tools (Maps, Mail box)
• Google programs (Google Earth, Google Chrome)
• Practical assignment: Use Google Earth to locate Zayed
• Google upcoming products.
• Helping resources in learning more about Google
What are search engines
A program that searches documents for specified keywords
and returns a list of the documents where the keywords were
•What are they used for?
Searching information from websites through internet.
Examine information personally.
The search engines and directories help you sift through all those
1's and 0's to find the specific information you need.
5. History of Google
•The Developers: Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Ph.D. students at Stanford.
6. Origin of the name
In 1996, Larry Page and Sergey Brin called their initial
search engine "BackRub,“ - named for its analysis of the
web's "back links.
7. History of Google
Difficulties Google Faced
Why is it successful until now?
ability to adapt
their work ethic philosophy, their aggressive
stance in terms of acquiring business which they
believe add value to their services
providing an outstanding service to its users.
8. Google Users
Who uses Google?
- Business people
- Basically, all literate people
Why they use Google?
- To determine location
- To be updated on the stocks
- Find information on certain subjects
- To look for specific person
- And so much more..
9. Google Tools
• find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions .
• To learn how to use this tool, visit this link:
Mail-Box and Google talk messenger
• To chat with friends and exchange emails.
• It is similar to any messenger like yahoo and MSN messengers,
it has the same functions but it works with GMAIL accounts.
10. Google Programs
• Lets you fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrain,
3D buildings, from galaxies in outer space to the canyons of the ocean.
• It is useful program that allows you to see the how the environment looks
like of country that you might visit, see how the shape of the hotel looks
like or any building in the earth.
• While you searching in Google earth program you should provide the
address of the place, and it zooms immediately on the place.
• This link has detailed instructions about using this tool and using the
tools in it:
• This is a picture of my house, this is to show how the buildings look in
11. Google Programs
• a browser that
combines a minimal
design with sophisticated
technology to make the
web faster, safer, and
• It is like any other
browser, but the benefit
of it that when you use
Google website it works
faster than other
Use Google Earth to
13. Google Android
Android is an operating system for
mobile devices such as smart phones
and tablet computers.
It is a cheap device and it offers
services like free games.
This link has more information about
14. Google New Products:
Google Music Cloud Service
• A programs that help people spend more time listening to their music and less
time managing it. Once their music is online, it's always available. Playlists are
automatically kept in sync, and they don't have to worry about cables, file
transfers, or running out of storage space.
• They are personal computers that run Google Chrome OS. The devices comprise
a distinct class of personal computer falling between a pure cloud client and
Google is a very helpful search engine that can help
you find any kind of information very quickly. It also
makes your life much easier because it contains tools
and programs that can help us perform tasks without
wasting time on other gadgets or wasting time.
Google is essential in our present life.
About. (n.d.). Retrieved November 05, 2011, from Google Music:
Chromebook. (n.d.). Retrieved November 05, 2011, from Wikipedia:
Koller, D. (2004). Origin of the name "Google". Retrieved November 05, 2011, from
Features. (n.d.). Retrieved November 05, 2011, from Chrome:
Google. (n.d.). Retrieved November 05, 2011, from Wikipedia:
Introducing Android 4.0. (n.d.). Retrieved November 05, 2011, from Android:
Lenzie, M. (2009, June 23). Why is Google so Succesful . Retrieved November 05, 2011, from
Ezine Articles: http://EzineArticles.com/3963846
Speakers Sergey Brin and Larry Page: Co-founders of Google. (n.d.). Retrieved November
05, 2011, from TED: http://www.ted.com/speakers/sergey_brin_and_larry_page.html