1. In What ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products My Music magazine reflects the style of other rock magazines such as Kerrang, although I have included a slanted title to give the impression of rebellion and appeal more to the target audience. I have left the font very plain, I have done this so that it is easy to read, and could be attractive to any age. I have included a large circle which contains one of the large features, many of the other rock magazines tend to stick to one shape when creating their magazine I have put a list of some of the I have used the black and white as features down the side of the main colours in my magazine which magazine so people wont need most rock magazines do to keep it to flick through to see what’s so that the readers understand what in it when buying. Which they kind of magazine it is at a first often do in Rock sound glance. magazine and NME.
I have kept the titles white, so that they stand out on darker backgrounds and this pattern carries on through out. I have put the articles into categories so that they are easy to find and you would read similar articles and the magazine would flow better one after the other. I have put in a small version of the double page spread I have created to entice the readers into what they would be reading in the articles.I have included some of the photos from I have left the contents fairly plainthe features, so that the readers are such as this one for kerrang, so that itattracted to the articles and can recognise appeal to the audience and they aretheir favourite bands and articles withouthaving to go through the effort of having able to navigate through out theto read through the list and pick it out. magazine with ease.
For my double page spread I havecreated an interview, I have doneit like this as many people enjoy Quotes frominterviews as they are the best other people onway to find out things about your what they thinkfavourite artists of the artist, in Black writing on a white green to stand out background stands out on the on the purple. The title contains a pun, background wanting the audience to find out what it about Questions and answers put in different colours to the readers can see who is saying what, and to make it easier to distinguish the two.A purple background continuing the theme of purple, black and yellow
2. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product? Photography – I have learnt how to create a photo that could appeal to a magazine audience, and how to create a striking photo on the front of a magazine to entice its consumers. Photoshop - I have also used this to edit the photos I have taken. I have created a green hue and then layered different images on top of each other,Video - I have also learnt how to use a videocamera and the ways to upload and edit thevideo to create a video response.
3. How does your media product represent particular social groups? It would be aimedMy media product represents the teenage and at mostly rockyounger twenties social groups , as most of the music fans, who areartists would be in their twenties as well as most mostly likely to beof the readers. men, although girls My magazine would not portray a negative could also enjoy view of teenagers as most media products this magazine show them to be a negative part of societyIt would show themusic lovingteenagers who arepassionate abouttheir music
4. What kind of Media Institution would distribute your media product and why?I would like a large company such as Bauer Media Group also Bauer Media Group to distribute own and distribute Q and my magazine as they are well Kerrang! Magazines which known and would have some are two of the UK’s most good links that could help get my successful music magazines. magazine very well-known and They could bring the could attract a lot of attention approaches that they use to from potential readers. create and distribute these magazines into my magazine. Q and particularly Kerrang! Contain a large amount of rock music and also have a similar target audience, the influence from this magazine could bring interest from the consumers and would perhaps purchase Rift because of this.
5. What would be your audience for your media product?Shops at online Band shirts Have a reasonableor specialist amount of disposablestores Wearing income generally darkAge 14-23 colours Female Enjoys Target audience Enjoys going music, and playing to Gigs and instruments Hanging out with friends Love Rock Male music
6. How did you Address/Attract your Audience? I have attracted my audience by putting a very distinctive and eye catching photograph on the front, the audience would have known who this artist is, and I would you this successful artist to pull attract the audience. It would attract these people as they would be interested in this style of music and would want to known more about this artist,. Rock music fans are often extremely dedicated and would want to know as much as they can about this artist.The text on the front I have also attractedcover is very simple, the audience bynaming bands, to attract including 2 darkertheir fans, using bold, colours and acapital letters to make it brighter colour oneasily legible and using the cover andbold colours to contrast throughout theon the background. magazine so that the yellow is eye catching.
7. Looking back at your Preliminary task what do you think you have learnt from this progression?I have learnt from the progression, I also have learntand further research into music that themagazines how to fill the space andthat colour coding is very important coverlines andwhen attracting an audience. headings need to I also need to think of be interesting on the target audience the front cover further and what they otherwise people would find interesting to will not buy it if read there is nothing they want to read.