• In the Beginning God created mankind.
• God created the universe.
• The Patriarchs were the ancient fathers of the Jews
• God sent Moses to free the Israelites from the Egyptians
• The Israelites were lead by Joshua to conquer Canaan
• The Israelites are not being faithful to God, so he sent Judges, to help the
Israelites become faithful again.
• The Jewish nation had no kings, so the first king was a son of Jesse, Saul.
• When king Solomon died, a civil war broke out. As people fought for the
throne eventually Rehoboam took the south tribe and called it Judah, and
Jeroboam took the north tribe and kept the name Israel.
• The Exile was when the Babylonians conquered the Kingdom of Judah,
around 600 B.C
• From 722 to 444 B.C, the tribes of Judah were in Babylon, singing song to
God, waiting for the return of Ezra.
• In the 400 years between the Old and New testament, the royal line of David
was in trouble. The Israelites had no king, and were ruled by the Persians in