CRIMEPREVENTIONTIPSBAGUIO CITY POLICE OFFICESPO1 ERANO V. DELA CRUZSPO1 ERANO V. DELA CRUZBCPO - PCRUBCPO - PCRU
• For any crime to happen, there are three (3) elements or ingredients present atthe same time and placeCRIME
Crime Prevention TipsSafety Tips on how to AVOID being a VICTIM• Protection Against Snatchers, Pickpocket & otherRobbersDO`s1. Stay near people but stay away fromdrunks of suspicious-looking people whocould be threats to you.2. Stay in well-lighted areas & routes..
3.Make a mental accounting of the contents ofyour bag & wallet so you could identify them whenyou fall victim to theft and the police recovers yourpersonal valuables.4. Have a presence of mind & rememberthe description of the thief when victimized.5. Keep your bags close to your bodywhile inside cinema houses, churches, shoppingmalls, markets etc., as well as when walking incrowded areas.6. When held up, raise alarm only when itis safe.
7. Always bring along a whistle with w/c mayget help during emergencies.8.Take note of get away vehicle used, if possiblenote down the plate number, model, type,color & the direction it drove away etc.9.When boarding taxicab, take note of thename, plate & body number.10.Take note of peculiarities of hold-upperssuch as tattoos, manner of speech physicalappearance.
12. Always stay alert while riding in publicconveyances.13. Aviod walking alone especially at night, unlessabsolutely necessary.14.Avoid carrying large amount of cash or valuable15. Don’t wander alone from the crowd at picnics orouting. Stay w/in calling distance.
16. Don’t resist an armed hold-upper, he is dangerousand unstable.17. Don`t hitch ride with stranger.18. Don`t disturb the area where the hold-up /crimewas committed to help the police.19. Don`t allow the driver to decide which route totake.20. Don`t give a hold –uppers any information, giveonly what he asks you.
PROTECTION AGAINTS SEX CRIMINALSDO`s1.Avoid unlighted places. Unlighted or poorly lightedparks are favorite haunts of sex criminal andmaniacs.2.When attacked, use your natural defense and actfast, scratch, kick, jab, bite and scream.3.When you break away from your attacker, continuescreaming and run towards lighted places &possibly towards people.
DON’T`S1.Do not wear provocative clothing w/c may attractthe attention of sexually inclined person.2.Do not accept rides or invitations from strangers,even friends you don’t completely trust.3. Don`t lose your composure when confronted by awould-be rapist.4. At home, do not move around half-dressed ornaked. This is an invitation to “peeping toms”, evenrapist.
PROTECTION AGAINTS CELLPHONESNATCHINGDO`s1.Buy cellphone only from authorized dealers2.Record you cellphone serial numbers immediatelyafter purchase3.Always place your cellphone in your pocket or bagwhere it is not visible.4.If there`s an urgent need for you to use yourcellphone while outside go to place where you aremore secure-inside stores,near security guards,nearpolice station etc..
5. Always walk in well-lighted places. When walkingalone, be on guard of persons following you-walktowards areas where there are people in case youmight need help.6.Keep your bag with your cellphone inside close toyour body.7.When in public vehicles, be alert for snatchers; besuspicious of passengers who come in by threes orfours and who position themselves beside/behindthe driver, near the estribo and one among thepassengers.
8. If you fall victim to snatchers, report to the policeand to your cellphone providers immediately.9.Always cooperate with the police and barangayauthorities.DON`T`s1.Do not display or use your cellphone in public asmuch as possible.2. Do not use you cellphone while riding a publicutility bus or jeep.
3.Do not show to anyone where you keep yourcellphone while walking in public.4.Do not buy cellphone for your children who are notcapable of serving it.5.Don`t walk while texting.6.Do not place your cellphone near the windowadjacent to a pathway or sidewalk.7.Don`t buy second hand cellphone from a stranger.
IMPORTANT TELEPHONENUMBERS- PNP Text Hotline 2920 – to report an erringpolice personnel= Type PNP [space][message] & send to 2920- Patrol 117 – Call 117 in case of emergencyBCPO TOC 09204222861-Smart09175758993-GlobeDial 166 for emergency(074) 442-1211/442-7944(074) 304-6997