1. HOW EFFECTIVE IS THECOMBINATION OF YOUR MAIN PRODUCT & ANCILLIARY TASKS? TASK TWO
2. Introduction• The Promotion of music is rarely all about the music itself but mostly about the artists image. This would conventionally be shown & advertised on the artists Album Cover/Music Videos/Posters e.g.. This is why is our MV & Digi-Pack focused on our artists image & how we could market her.• Artists & Record Labels also use convergence to help promote & market their artists, for instance some artists have their own “Eu Due Toilettes”. This process uses synergy. Beyonces Perfume Line.
3. • The Music itself is a publicity campaign used to promote the Single/Album. Once the music is heard on radio or online through NMT, this will bring in an audience for the artist. This will boost sales. Our track “Why Don’t You” will attract a young (16-25) audience.• The Music Industry always uses visual media to help promoted & Market their artists. This way they can show the artists image online and on TV, which will attract audiences.
4. The Campaign• Keith Negus argues that Music Videos are used as a promotional tool. I agree with Negus’s argument as Music Video are not where record labels make their money but through the artists music and tours. But the Music Video shows and promotes the artists performance, which will attract audiences to buy the artists album and tickets for their tour.• Album Artwork is a crucial part of promoting an Artist as this commonly has their image on it. And the consumer will see the Artwork before making the purchase. Depending on whether the artwork is impressive or not could result on their purchase. We focused a lot of time to our Artwork trying to make it as attractive & appealing as possible and at the same time marketing the artist.
5. • Music Posters are very common in promoting artists for albums/tours. This poster should display the artists image. Our poster focused on our artist and inhibited several Art Deco themes through the use of colors, patterns & shapes. We did this to inform the consumer/audience what sort of style to expect in the music.
6. Artist’s Image• I agree with Dyer’s argument, which states that the visual “Star” image of an artist communicates important messages to the audience. This is true. This album cover conveys an electroThis album cover feel as it is very Elle Goulding’sshows “Katy Perry” structured, uses conveys a nonnaked, which bright sexual image as itconveys a sexual lights, there is focuses just on herimage to the also no star image. face & not her bodyaudience. like “Katy Perry”.
7. • The artist’s image is crucial to selling albums & tickets. Today most artists are airbrushed using photo shop to look perfect so that their image is perfect.• Some audience idolize artists/bands and see them as sex symbols/Fashion Icons/Celebrities. Marilyn Monroe Lady Gaga is known was seen as a especially for her Major sex symbol outrageous fashion in the 1950’s statements and is also seen as a Fashion Icon
8. • Music Posters are a huge marketing device and are advertised in Magazines, Billboards est.. When marketing a poster you need to target your audience. Examples Below.Older Generation Female Based Teenage FemaleTony Bennett would Magazine Targeted Magazineappeal to an older Rihanna’s Target Justin Bieber’saudience than the audience would be target audience istwo to the right mainly female so young femaleand therefore would be teenagers & wouldwould be marketed advertised in a be advertised in ain a magazine magazine similar bright/colorfulsimilar to the one to the one above. magazine similarabove. to the one above.
9. Where would I market “Dotty & The Decks”?• Our target audience is 16-30yrs (the young party going scene) & mainly a female audience as the music features dance.• I think the best place to advertise “Dotty & The Decks”, I think would be in either cosmopolitan or in Vogue. These magazines attract a young 16+ female audience.
10. This is our poster, & its promotes “Dotty & The Decks” and their new album. It focuses on her and also has elements of art deco. This inform the audience of the style of music & what to expect. We have tried to convey the “star Image” as being classy.This is our poster promoting “Dotty & TheDecks” tour. We have used art deco themesthroughout and used the silhouette to adda hint of mystery in the poster. Thesignature adds class to the poster.I would place these posters innightclubs. I would do this as our targetaudience are the audience who wouldregularly go to clubs.
11. Our CD Artwork reflects all Our back panel focuses onthe themes shown in our the information &Music Video (Art Deco, “Star conventions of a normal CDImage”, Music Style). The digi-pack. It also like theimage focuses mainly on the Front Panel has Art Deco“star” & will attract a Panels, which links directlyfemale audience but also to the Music Video makingmale due to her glamorous the whole campaign workappearance. together and complimenting each other.