Cloud management march 20 - v7 sgc
by AgilePath Corporation on Mar 27, 2012
- 457 views
Cloud management is an immature space with very few industry standards guiding the selection, implementation and use of Cloud management tools in support of complex Cloud environments.
Cloud service providers enable consumers to create complex computing environments by leveraging emerging Cloud orchestration and management tools that support the concept of "templates," or pre-defined Cloud management profiles. Under this approach, pre-built, pre-tested profiles are managed in a catalog, which can contain tens to hundreds of pre-defined IT templates, with the ability to customize them to meet specific business needs.
Cloud service providers are starting to appreciate the complex Cloud management requirements associated with implementing, or configuring and renting a Cloud computing environment for mission critical business requirements. The maturation of Cloud management profiles, or "templates," is essential for accessing and consuming Cloud computing capabilities from your Cloud service providers in a cost-effective and governance-aligned fashion.
Interestingly, these Cloud templates make it easy, in some respects too easy, to create or access Cloud computing environments optimized for a specific business user's needs. Hundreds or even thousands of "optimized" VMs stand at the ready for easy access, provisioning and consumption. But just like life in a gold rush town, where lawlessness and greed prevailed, we will eventually reach a critical juncture where self-interests, stovepipe behaviors, lack of standardization, and refusal to share Cloud resources can no longer be sustained.
Cloud governance and Cloud management are essential for implementing and managing an optimized Cloud computing environment, regardless of whether you implement private, public or hybrid Cloud models.
During this upcoming webinar we will discuss:
• The relationship of Cloud governance and Cloud management frameworks, and the associated concepts and terminology associated with these disciplines
• The current state of cloud management approaches, tooling and sandbox frameworks, and how templates are essential to enable orchestration and management of highly-virtualized Cloud computing environments
• Relevant industry standards that enable Cloud management to be realized leveraging Cloud management profiles or "templates"
• A conceptual architecture for selecting, implementing and operationalizing Cloud management in support of your Cloud strategy
• The critical need for companies to couple a strong Cloud governance model and body of Cloud policies with Cloud management frameworks and the associated tools
Cloud governance and Cloud management frameworks are critical to successful enterprise adoption of Cloud computing capabilities. This webinar will provide the foundation for implementing Cloud governance and management, and help you manage your success with Cloud computing.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views