JOMALYN V. TILETILE
Group Buying Sites
• This business is fundamentally the
brokerage between businesses and
customers and receives commission fees
from the transaction.
• Also known as “Collective buying”.
• The website contains virtually no physical
assets and inventories.
• Group Buying publishes the deal and
invites customers to buy and refer to their
Get more customers.
Get massive discount.
Know more places.
• Damage the old customer.
• Discriminated and mistreated.
• Bad and inaccurate deal information.
SWOT ANALYSIS- STRENGTH
• Market Leader
• Large Capital
• Market diversified, popular brand.
• Large users.
SWOT ANALYSIS- WEAKNESSES
• Public Company.
• Undifferentiated offerings.
• Over leveraged finance.
SWOT ANALYSIS- THREAT
• Every other media company has invested
in a deal-a-day site, lots of competition.
• Consumers becoming overwhelmed by
deals and tiring already of the model.
• Merchants hearing bad press and giving up
on the idea risk of losing content.