What is collaboration technologies?• A software, platforms, of services that enable people at different locations to communicate and work with each other in a secure, self contained environment.
Example of collaborative technologies• A social networking service is an online service, platform, or site that focuses on facilitating the building of social networks or social relations among people who, for example, share interests, activities, backgroun.ds, or real-life connections.• An Instant messaging application or client allows one to communicate with another person over a network in real time, in relative privacy.
• Facebook is a social networking serviceand website launched in February 2004, owned and operated by Facebook, Inc.As of May 2012, Facebook has over 900 million active users, more than half of them using Facebook on a mobile device.• Twitter is an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based posts of up to 140 characters, known as "tweets". It was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey and launched that July.
• Yahoo! Messenger (sometimes abbreviated YIM or YM) is an advertisement supported instant messaging client and associated protocol provided by Yahoo!.• Google Talk is an instant messaging service that provides both text and voice communication. The instant messaging service is colloquially known as "gchat" to its users.
• ICQ is an instant messaging computer program, which was first developed and popularized by the Israeli company Mirabilis, then bought by America Online, and since April 2010 owned by Mail.ru Group. The name ICQ is a homophone for the phrase "I seek you".• AIM is the simplest (and most fun) way to chat and share with people and groups you care about.
• Team space offers the possibility for teams to work together professionally and flexible via internet. The necessary infrastructure for communication, coordination and organization will be provided online by team space.• Web Sharing enables you to wirelessly transfer files to and from your phone/device using a web browser. You can play and manage music, view your photographs, and manage files on your device using your WI-FI network.
COLLABORATIVE TOOL• any technology that facilitates linking of two or more humans to work together can be considered a collaborative tool.
Example of collaborative tool• Wikipedia: A free encyclopedia built collaboratively using wiki software.• Blogs: is a discussion or information site published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete entries ("posts") typically displayed in reverse chronological order so the most recent post appears first
• Twitter is an online social networking service and micro blogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based posts of up to 140 characters known as "tweets".